Fatal Error

Werbung:

MAx

This could have somethin to do with your RAM
Either you dont have enough RAM, or you have to many progs runnin while you play cs.

So I see 2 solutions ; Close all useless progs so you can get the most out of your RAM. (try scanning for Mal/spy/ad/ware on your comp, those take a lot of memory)

If it doesnt help ; Go to your CZ Launch Options : Games -> Right-Click on CZ -> Properties -> Set Launch Options ...

Type in either : "-heapsize #" or "-zone #"
where # should be, maximum, half of your RAM, so if you have 512, type in : "-heapsize 256000" or "-zone 256000" since its bytes and not Mbytes..

Pretty much all I can suggest, it could be anything else from a bad driver to hardware malfunction.

EDG

and with ctrlaltdel I'm not sure what to close. I'm not all that good with computers, I know how to type, and thats pretty much it :p

z_malloc failed on allocation of xxx bytes     or     D_SCAlloc: bad cache size 0
Another insufficient memory or misallocated memory error. Possible causes are many, including too little RAM & also by having a texture perpendicular to the face of the solid with WC. In one case it was a script that shifted models one button. Possible solutions are:
1. For memory telling the HL main engine how much memory to use with HL -heapsize # (1024 x number of meg is popular #) or HL -zone # in the shortcut.
2. For texture perpendicular go into WC/Hammer, then you can press alt + p, and select the problem if it is listed, and tell it to fix all of type; then try to compile again.
3. Or go thru the other errors on this page and try them as fixes. It CAN be frustrating! Sorry.

This is the website i got it from

Half Life Errors

Hope this helps!!

orosol

you guys like to repeat the same answer again and again or what ??? someone said something and 2 others people say the same thing XD well i think your sure of the good answer now XD

MAx

MAx said:
Type in either : "-heapsize #" or "-zone #"
where # should be, maximum, half of your RAM, so if you have 512, type in : "-heapsize 256000" or "-zone 256000" since its bytes and not Mbytes..

Since 1M = 1023b

Thats why Valve suggests:
TonyMontana135420 said:
1. For memory telling the HL main engine how much memory to use with HL -heapsize # (1024 x number of meg is popular #) or HL -zone # in the shortcut.

So if you have 512M of RAM : 1024x256 : -heapsize 262144
If 1G : 1024x512 : -heapsize 524288

MAx

RE:  Fatal Error

CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
heapsize....j00 cs major maX?

Valve? what? problems? errors? IMPOSSIBLE! :shock:
Had em all and googled for solutions...
ME = google major

Werbung:

CuRRyINaHuRRy

MAx said:
CuRRyINaHuRRy said:
heapsize....j00 cs major maX?

Valve? what? problems? errors? IMPOSSIBLE! :shock:
Had em all and googled for solutions...
ME = google major

Heapsize....I believe you will learn about that in an algorithms course in CS. Not sure...I just like CS but not a CS major...maybe I'll do masters in CS later in the years...IDK. :roll: