EA Making A Game Console?

killman360

When Gamasutra asked an Electronic Arts honcho whether they would make a console to rival Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft, he said "never say never." This news story kind of reminds me of Michael Chertoff saying he has a gut feeling about a new terrorism attack. It's very general and non-committal. But it gets everyone to thinking, ooo, a new playa!

Says EA's new executive vice president and general manager of North American publishing, Frank Gibeau, "I worked on (the 3DO), and I'd never say never. I was a product manager on some of the titles, like Shockwave, and Road Rash, so I was part of that team, building the games, so I'm really familiar with what happened."

"I think the challenge that we had with 3DO was platform positioning," he continued. "It was the Swiss Army knife of hardware, and we weren't really sure what it was supposed to do. I think when we look at our business, what's vitally important to us is the entertainment and customer connection."

Clarifying his point, Gibeau continued: "So if there were things like peripherals, sure. We've got Boogie coming out with a microphone, and there's Rock Band. When you look at a fully nailed platform – it's possible, I wouldn't say it's in our top 5 priorities right now, but never say never. We'll look at any way of presenting what we want to do."

So is it in the Top 10 priorities?&n; The Top 20? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gamasutra - E3 Exclusive: EA Never Saying Never To A New Hardware Platform
frank_gibeau.jpg

Werbung:

jesta

Interesting article :)

I would probably say that EA would make a very good console, with lots of classic titles!!

dogbone27

I think they would be able to make a good console since they would have a lot of games made just for there system, since they are EA, and i also believe they said something about waiting to see if the Ps3 would be picking up, and if it didn't they would be more likely to make a system

Werbung: