Contra 3 VC Review

Quadraxis14

Okay, I've decided to review virtual console games, but i won't always have them on the wii, some may be from other sources (actual system, emulator, etc.)

so without further adeau,

CONTRA III: The Alien Wars Review (for 1/2 players)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start off by saying that this game is absolutely insane, I can barely beat it on easy difficulty with 7 lives, let me give you an idea of a level for each of the 2 formats

Level 1:

You start out plain enough, dude with a machine gun somehow with unlimited

bullets, broken down buildings, and the like, but from there, crazy, unending

waves of aliens attack you, and after this, a big

ol' jet comes down and bombs the ground, making a sea of fire, you go through an

"obstacle course" of fireballs, and crud like that, once you get through this, the

ground cools down and you go ahead, uh oh! dead end, what now? Boss fight,

the wall shatters and out comes a large turtle/hive/alien/...thing, shooting

big moskitoes and maggots at you, you shoot at its (stomach or neck?) until it dies

and thats level 1.

Level 2 involves a top down format apparantly using "mode-7" (I think its called)

and all you do is run through what appears to be a highway filled with aliens,

crumbling routes of road, and small alien pods, which you must destroy to beat

the level, the screen fades out, and your in a big parking lot-like area, a giant

spider like thing, flies down, you have to shoot at its tail, shooting bullets at you.

you destroy the tail and the bug alien starts spinning and slides towards you, you

shoot all it's feet off and it flies upwards, then comes down and tries to crush you,

now you shoot its single eye till it explodes and that's level 2.

the music is very good for this game, and doesn't get boring,

the graphics are great too, with tons of detail from explosions to bosses,

and the replay value is great since it's a 2 player arcade game.

so on to # scores from 1/10

Sound: 8.5/10
not perfect, but better than most music on the other less known SNES games (i suppose this game isnt as popular as mario and link right?)

Graphics: 9/10
Very detailed, nuff said

Replay Value: 10/10
It's an arcade game guys, start it, beat it in 1 or 2 hours by yourself or with a friend, play it again in a few days or if you like it enough every day! eventually you may even beat it flawlessly!

Overall: 9/10
No doubt worth your 8 dollars! especially with your friends!

so, there's my first game review! Feedback appreciated[/size]

Werbung:

thexcheat

good review...(as stated above)and it sounds like a cool game, but ive never seen it when i've been on the shop channel.(i guess i havent been looking hard enough :) )

Werbung: