Cannon Commanders

Mini-Me

Hello everybody at wc3anvil! This is my newest project, its been out there for couple of weeks and now that anvil is back online i'd like to introduce the project here too.

Take control of a cannon with great firepower. Destroy the enemies who try to disable the shield protecting your country. Customize your cannon by buying new weapons with massive firepower and crush the intruders!

This is a 4 man team game where each player controls a turret. The goal is to protect 4 generators which the enemy will try to destroy. It features:

-22 different cool weapons. Enemy getting the better of you? Load up the A-Bomb cannon and show the enemies what you are made of!
-Addon to the turret
-20 waves of enemies
-5 boss levels. There are 5 puzzle bosses, the bosses only get better at higher levels, try to make it to the end to see them all!
-A bonus level
-10 randomly spawned powerups! Each with different effects, from a simple gold gain to desctructive spells to a milkable kodo :)
-Simple AI. You may replace the player slots with computers and play with them. The computer players will shoot random targets within their range. Sell their old weapons and buy new weapons from the money they get from kills.
-Difficulty levels, there is Normal and Insane difficulties for the host to choose from. In insane difficulty the enemies will have more hitpoints, more damage and increased attack speed.
-Extra weapons only available at the insane difficulty.
-There are secret levels after the level 20. You will need to unlock them at the beginning of the map with a special code. The code is personal to each user (very simple \'save/load\' type of code with 5 characters). The code is given to you after you beat all the 20 levels in normal difficulty. Only one player needs to unlock the secret levels for all.
+++More stuff.

Comments/suggestions/feedback are welcome. Also report any bugs you might find.

Oh and here's the download link:

Get Cannon Commanders 1.00

Here's few screenshots. I played around with the best weapon in the game, the A-Bomb and took some screenies of it.

Werbung:

Arkidas

Suggestions: Add several screenshots to this post and try to make it as attractive as possible using bold codes and font colours.

Mini-Me

Thanks for the tip arkidas. Added few screenies. I'll perhaps add more later.

Heh squishy, well i hope you like it :). Would be nice to spread the map around.

Squishy-1

yeah that game was awesome im gonna leave my comp running with a game open for a few days so it can be distributed btw nice cannon model did u make that urself?
the instructions on how to play could be more clear but once u get a hang of it its fun

Mini-Me

Squishy: Thanks for that. Nice of you to help spread the map around :). No i didnt make the cannon model myself, its mady by killst4r, all credits can be found in the quest log.

Fladian:
'What exactly makes this original?' Hard question, i guess the fact that nobody has ever done a similiar map :). Perhaps it resembles bit some of the old snes games, atleast i've been told that.
I know you are not that much into playing, but give this map a shot, im not that good in explaining :), maybe you'll like it.

Squishy-1

its very original to say the least you play with one cannon with different attachments and protect 4 power generators placed between the cannons and units either come from sea or from land to destroy them and you must shoot the monsters and win its really cool and i think i repeated everything at the top lol

Fladian

Fladian:
'What exactly makes this original?' Hard question, i guess the fact that nobody has ever done a similiar map :). Perhaps it resembles bit some of the old snes games, atleast i've been told that.
The SNES has been my favorite console ever by far, and I had a few (more than 200) games for it. Perhaps that I know the game it is compared to. =)

However, it does sound like it's something like I've played before...

I know you are not that much into playing, but give this map a shot, im not that good in explaining :), maybe you'll like it.
It's not like I don't like playing maps, Mini-Me, it's really a matter of a lack of time. College and a few other (both minor and major, which I won't bore you with) things are really draining a lot of time. =) Nowadays, I don't even write anymore... I only write on my way to school in the train now, unless I'm together with someone. Knowing that writing is one of my biggest hobbies, it sums a bit up of how much free time I have to spend. =) (I do have some time when I get back from College though, like now)

But maybe I'll try it some time. =) My vacation is coming up anyway.

Kolot

one of the best maps out right now, i'm really happy with it :D The first boss level is hard if you play with newbies thou

Squishy-1

its kinda like a cooler version of duck hunt except u cant cheat by getting next to the screen lol so far ive gotten to the goblins after the naga and theyre hard we did it with 3 people!!! on the next version you should work on making a restart map trigger cuz when i have a good team i dont like loosing them =-(

Mini-Me

Hehhe, duck hunt? Havent heard that comparision yet :).
I dont like the idea of restarting the game. Good teams come and go. Alternatively you could play with just your friends and train them :) (thats what i did). Each time you play with same friends (team) you can get further.

As for the difficulty, its not that hard now, and in the next version there will be 'Normal' and 'Insane' difficulty to choose from :). In insane monster will have increased hit points, faster attacking speed and more damage.

Werbung:

ragingspeedhorn

In insane perhaps you should add some extra content aswell so people that normally only play normal try out Insane aswell to get their hands on that content. It could perhaps be +2 levels or some extra cannons or something :)