Are we in the dark ages of gaming?

I remember back in the SNES days, or the PS1/PS2 days. Developers were letting their new ideas roam free and they were much more willing to take a chance compared to now. Now most innovative ideas get shunned and tossed aside if it isn't an FPS or Shooter. Maybe it's just me. But creative freedom in gaming is about to go the way of extinction in my opinion.

Werbung:

Soulwatcher

I honestly believe that gaming is doomed and headed for a crash they way it did in the 1980's. The same thing that happened back then is happening now. Developers are afraid to take risks and they are producing the same old games, but in a shinny new package. Sooner or later gamer's are going to grow tired and stop buying games. And I have a feeling that its going to be sooner not later!

Kate23

Its that way with movies and tv too. Nothing ever creative is being made. There are a lot of games that I like but there aren't many movies and tv that I like, but now that I think about it, I can't think of any new game ideas that I like. The games I'm currently playing or the games that I'm waiting to come out (Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing for 3DS) are re-makes.

Cardd

I think many modern games suck compared to many old NES games... Super Marios are a major favourite for me. I have never felt the same joy when playing the newest Marios. Hehe. :)

ClutchSteve

I disagree. I feel we are in the pinnacle of gaming! The graphics and design of games does nothing but amaze me each time i play a new game. They are simply breathtaking in most cases.

radascars

I beg to disagree, if you just open your mind widely you can see a lot of games that are great and offers a lot of entertainment and challenges. Gaming is not doomed or at its end, they are just a mere speculation that needs to be clarified.

joebotz

We are nowhere near the dark ages of gaming because technology is vastly improving everyday and games are becoming larger and more sophisticated along with better ai, graphics, and gameplay. The plots for new games are also becoming thicker and a lot more intense such as Mass effect and Gears of war

radascars

We are nowhere near the dark ages of gaming because technology is vastly improving everyday and games are becoming larger and more sophisticated along with better ai, graphics, and gameplay. The plots for new games are also becoming thicker and a lot more intense such as Mass effect and Gears of war

Yes I agree with you, we almost have the same point of view. As time goes by technology is improving so does gaming. We can't hardly say that this era is the darkest days of gaming industry.

Graiden

I don't think the gamers will quit buying games. There are more and more, increasing numbers of games created, companies appearing so people are attracted to play them. Of course..there are no awesome games..just too many copies, cliches and etc.

ben123

I agree, sometime soon the light bulb will go on and somebody will create a unique game that everyone will like. A funny example would be minecraft, but something similar can happen on console too. Maybe they need to listen to the community and let them have a say in what kind of games that they want.

radascars

I don't think the gamers will quit buying games. There are more and more, increasing numbers of games created, companies appearing so people are attracted to play them. Of course..there are no awesome games..just too many copies, cliches and etc.

I agree, sometime soon the light bulb will go on and somebody will create a unique game that everyone will like. A funny example would be minecraft, but something similar can happen on console too. Maybe they need to listen to the community and let them have a say in what kind of games that they want.

I believe that we just need time to prove that gaming industry is not in its dark age, many game developers are trying their best to give hardcore gamers a mind breaking, bone breaking game that would make the gaming industry more fun and profitable too. :)

Colour

I will agree as I myself really don't want a COD game because they have been played out so much and the same thing already happened with guitar hero people stopped buying them because every game was the same and there were alternatives however I think the same thing is happening to all those games

I honestly believe that gaming is doomed and headed for a crash they way it did in the 1980's. The same thing that happened back then is happening now. Developers are afraid to take risks and they are producing the same old games, but in a shinny new package. Sooner or later gamer's are going to grow tired and stop buying games. And I have a feeling that its going to be sooner not later!

Your point is valid but you are forgetting that the shinny new package is really shinny

Saohc

I do agree, originality is less and less prominent.

It seems if you're not a FPS or shooter, you end up being a "niche" game.

I would bring up one of my game ideas, but you'll have to hear it via PM.

radascars

I will agree as I myself really don't want a COD game because they have been played out so much and the same thing already happened with guitar hero people stopped buying them because every game was the same and there were alternatives however I think the same thing is happening to all those games

Your point is valid but you are forgetting that the shinny new package is really shinny

They may seem making it the same but a lot of people still playing it because its hip in today's generation, at some point if the gamers find it not interesting new genres of gaming may develop. :)

Werbung:

RPCOM

Game developers developed a greed for money. They just "copy-paste" games, rename them and sell them as a "brand-new title". They produce games for money and nothing else. :(