An FPS where you hold a camera, not gun?

Werbung:
Hmm the concept is indeed strange, but it's definitely innovating, however I can't really see the point of this? What am I suppolse to do? Just take pictures...that's rather boring.

iebo00

This is actually a really clever idea. People don't really think about how the war footage gets to the news, but a journalist and cameraman brought them to us. Its a really dangerous job being a war correspondent. I remember there was that one reporter from either ABC or NBC who was in a coma after their unit got hit by an IED.

Jessi

The game itself—the title of which is actually short for "war correspondent"—follows the story of journalist Jesse DeMarco. Players will experience the process of filming conflicts, going into dangerous situations armed with nothing but a camera. They will then edit the footage into a compelling news story. The scenarios range from intense bursts of action to quieter moments as you discuss the events of the day with fellow journalists in a hotel. Though the main mechanic will be filming the
"It's also about navigating through a morally gray world and making decisions that have human impact," he explained. "It's about finding the story you want to tell, as each of our environments is filled with different story elements you can film and combine in your own ways. It's both a story telling engine and an action adventure with a new perspective."

It sounds like maybe it could be used as a teaching tool instead of a game that the mainstream public would want? I guess maybe people who are into other forums of photography might enjoy it on some level?

I really don't know. I like the idea of them trying to come up with something new, but I have to wonder what the point is, too. What's the end result or how do you "win"?

iebo00

It sounds like maybe it could be used as a teaching tool instead of a game that the mainstream public would want? I guess maybe people who are into other forums of photography might enjoy it on some level?

I really don't know. I like the idea of them trying to come up with something new, but I have to wonder what the point is, too. What's the end result or how do you "win"?

I think you win by not getting killed. Or maybe you have to get a story out the networks or something. Its also kind of cool because maybe players with no FPS skillz can now play one and be somewhat competent at it.

Jessi

I think you win by not getting killed. Or maybe you have to get a story out the networks or something. Its also kind of cool because maybe players with no FPS skillz can now play one and be somewhat competent at it.

Ya know, I was mostly seeing this from the angle of an FPS player. Then I tried seeing it specifically for journalists. But you're right, that maybe this would appeal to someone who isn't into first person shooters at all instead. I kind of completely overlooked that audience that would see this as a fun, camera-oriented game...and not a shooter gone wrong.

jferg20

This is a very strange concept for a video game but I think it is really neat. It breaks away from the traditional FPS where there are tons of games that are basically the same. I dont know if I would buy it but still I like the idea.

sammy

I remember watching X-Play years ago, and seeing some Japanese game with a similar concept.

She threw up some kinda slug thing, attacked you, then started doing the crab walk. DROP THE CAMERA AND RUN, STUPID!:eek:

Alpha

Hmm the concept is indeed strange, but it's definitely innovating, however I can't really see the point of this? What am I suppolse to do? Just take pictures...that's rather boring.

I agree. Seems a bit pointless and boring if you ask me. The fun all comes from being shot at then having to shoot back, and hide etc...Not take pictures.

Ronald Ramos

I have to say I am really interested in this concept. A game where you are tasked to document everything that happens in a warzone can be pretty intense. I'm going to keep an eye on this game.

Werbung:

ActionHero1

I am actually very interested to see how this plays out. To me, I just hope I am not worried about shifting the camera angels to much to view the action. In my opinion, I get a reporter telling the news, type of feel to the game.