About getting your Steam account stolen

What waranty do you have once someone goes into your Steam account? Can they just take your account without access to your email? Any help would be appreciated, because I wouldnt like to get burned.

Is this what the middleman is for? To prevent getting raped?

Many thanks

Werbung:
nope, they cant take it without your email, if they try to change the email or password you will be notified on youre current E-mail. But for a safe trade don't give out the login ID and password. Give them the steam community link to your profile so they can browse what u have on it. The middleman service is when u trust someone to take your account with your log in info and change it to their email. When the other person gives you what you want u simply tell the middleman to change the e-mail to the guys wish. So if the other guy don't send you what u want you can simply ask the middleman for youre account back.

it looks like i accused someone of scamming for nothing.

but today i have changed my sister's steam contact email without access to her email, and we dont even live in the same country. something doesnt add up here

you get a message on you're current mail notifying you that you're Email has changed. Inside you have a link with the following writings "if you made the current changes don't click the link but if you didn't made the changes click the link and the steam support blablablabla something will help you get you're account back". Never did that because i always used one of my trusted friends as middleman and all went smooth. But to be safe DON'T GIVE OUT the login info to the person u are trading with. Only to a trusted middleman.

got it. thanks for advice.

so sis must have not even bothered to click the link, because she probably marked steam as spam. i bought her a game on steam and she shat on it. ingrate

Werbung:

DoruNebunu

So..if someone login on your steam he can change the email. He doesn't need a code like when you try to change the password. So don't give Id+password to anyone!
About that mail you receive when someone changes your mail. Yes you can click on that link and you will make a ticket to steam support. Buy you need to have proof of purchase ( Cd-key for at least 1 game, cardholder information and the 4 ending numbers from you visa). If you don't have these you won't have chance to regain acces to your steam account.