• The Big Red One

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Werbung:

Master_7

Band of Brothers though is my fav. Really grabs the raw essence of how it was. I have so much respect for those guys. One of my good friends, actually met one of them ( Bill Guarnere)
and has a signed picture in his office. My buddy said, his favorite thing to ask Airborne guys was how many jumps have you made. Of course, most airborne have made well over 20-30 jumps, all of which was training of course. Then those guys ask him how many he has made, and he says, "2, Normandy and Eindhoven"...

BossMaroni

Oh HELLS yeah. If you consider Band of Brothers to be one movie, rather than a mini-series, it's absolutely my favorite war movie of all time.

My friends and I have done marathon sessions of the whole thing three times now. Picture a room full of 30-something and 40-something guys, glued to the TV, occasionally wiping their eyes. Very powerful story.

Those guys are true heroes and make me proud to be an American. I get misty just THINKING about certain scenes. Though my late grandfather (who was my hero) was in the Pacific Theater, Band of Brothers never fails to make me think about what he went through, and he never even saw much combat (he was a drill sergeant, then went to OCS and flight school).

Has everyone heard that later this year or early next year, a semi-sequel is coming out? It's called The Pacific. I expect it to be amazing.

E

Elite SEAL

the longest day was SO EPIC...

but my new fav is "Rules of Engagement"

That's that modern movie about that terrorist attack in Yemen -and there's the big crowd of protesters and they all pull out guns, then the Sergeant has his men cut them down -but freaking gets prosecuted. I was like -:cursing: WTF!!

SpIkE_JoNzE

That's that modern movie about that terrorist attack in Yemen -and there's the big crowd of protesters and they all pull out guns, then the Sergeant has his men cut them down -but freaking gets prosecuted. I was like -:cursing: WTF!!

that was so crazy dude... "Engage, Engage OPEN FIRE!!!!!!"

I love all of those movies, but the one in my mind that stands equal or better is
Enemy at the Gates.
If anyone played COD 1, the beginning is right out of that movie.

E

Elite SEAL

that was so crazy dude... "Engage, Engage OPEN FIRE!!!!!!"

I know, kinda sad, but it what was right -in my book

I love all of those movies, but the one in my mind that stands equal or better is
Enemy at the Gates.
If anyone played COD 1, the beginning is right out of that movie.

OMG! Enemy at the Gates!! Forgot about that one! Which COD 1? The PS2/ console version or PC version?

To be honest i played it on xbox, be i starts of in tiny row boats being strafed by stukas
and you have to charge a MG nest. The whole beginning is ripped of from EatG, but its still epic!.
Apparently the fountain scene is in COD:WaW

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

Yo, I'll make a new thread with more choices -Not a whole lot of wwII movie titles came into my head while making it.

you'll find it in the same category.