Wii Rumour

BeatMario

Matt said:
I imagine it wouldn't just be a firmware upgrade.. I thought they'd have to add hardware etc to enable it to do this? - We'll see anyway. Can't see them offering it current Wii people, the whole idea is to get more money.

It wouldn't be another hardware since, the Wii can already read DVDs.
Just not play the movie of which is on the DVD.

Werbung:

GoldenAssassin

The reason Nintendo didn't originally add DVD playback (I think) was to keep the Wii's price low...in keeping with the "pushing to everyone" market strategy.

BeatMario

sad said:
It will be true

You don't know that for a fact, unless you can tell the future. Which I can do, but I just can't use my powers indoors, for copyright reasons.

campo13 said:
wouldn't they have to add a drive to it

No, the drive it has can already read the DVDs, but not play the movies that are on them.

wizard284

its true u can hack it to play dvds u can also hack the shop chanell and mod it to be the browser if u missed the free download pwriod

Danny

1st its a rumor not real most likely it is fake like most rumors
2nd No because DVD playback is getting old so they would make something original they did it once why not do it again?

Roosey

Everyone has a DVD player unless they're still living in the 80's. Dvd's are dieing as it is, being taken by HD DVD and Bluray. I would rather one of those.

SpiralDale

Well I won't be buying it, that is for sure.

It does annoy me that there is no DVD player, because sometimes my DVD players are being used by someone else.

Waste of money, if it is true.

Werbung:

Giga-Bowser

this is just an internet roumour but it could happen and it would be quite good, but you would lose all your channels if you trade in your old for a new one...