wii points

beano

kaitora said:
what's the points conversion in the UK?? is it 1p per point or are we gettin screwed?

We're gettin' screwed, but we'd be getting even more screwed if it was 1p/point. Think there's a few people on here whose maths isn't up to much.

$1 = about 50p so if we paid 1p/point then we'd be paying double what the US Wiiers pay.

Ryano said:
gunners-4-life said:
it is cheaper buying wii points using a credit card

How much of a difference is there if you buy with a credit card?

You save a pound, I think it's £14 instead of £15. Still a rip-off. (By the way that's for using your credit card over the Wii shop channel, not just buying in store but paying with a card). Dunno if they make that distinction in the Republic or not Ryano.

Werbung:

Ryano

beano said:
kaitora said:
what's the points conversion in the UK?? is it 1p per point or are we gettin screwed?

We're gettin' screwed, but we'd be getting even more screwed if it was 1p/point. Think there's a few people on here whose maths isn't up to much.

$1 = about 50p so if we paid 1p/point then we'd be paying double what the US Wiiers pay.

Ryano said:
gunners-4-life said:

You save a pound, I think it's £14 instead of £15. Still a rip-off. (By the way that's for using your credit card over the Wii shop channel, not just buying in store but paying with a card). Dunno if they make that distinction in the Republic or not Ryano.

Ok thanks, I'll try and find out for myself later;)

gunners-4-life

beano said:
kaitora said:

Ryano said:
gunners-4-life said:

i prefer buying the card cos i dont have a money card but stil there isnt much difference

beano

lu1g1 said:
i think with credit card there isnt any tax.....but thats a guess

It's not that Luigi, they still have to pay VAT. It MIGHT (I don't know I'm not a legal guy) be that when you buy online the transaction occurrs in some EU country with a lower VAT rate in which case we'd be paying less tax, but that's just me speculating.

In reality, they maybe just made it cheaper because they don't have to pay distribution for physical cards and there's no 3rd-party profit margin etc. Then again they don't seem to have done this anywhere else in the world.

Werbung:

sharp141

yeh 1 2000 points card
just post threads and comments on threads then you have one for free, and make friends in the process
at
wiipros.co.uk

lol