Wii headset

Werbung:
With MKWii recently being confirmed to have a "chat" like mode, a Wii Headset is a high possibility even more so than before. It's unspecified if this "chat" can be through voice as well (I'd assume it's text), but still, the door's open now, more than it was before I guess.

Scratch that. Confirmed that MKWii gets predefined text chat so no Headset yet, guys. If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say October-ish if not, then start of next year for games like ACWii.

mew22

Aaaawwww.... I wanted to have full-scale chats! Stupid Nintendo...

In the words of em101: "Nintendo... Just stuff for kids!"

Pssh. Well they are doing their job, after all, they did position the console as being trustworthy for parents, essentially. I for one am pleased with them, especially since it can easily get messed up with idiots posting offensive messages.

Everyone looks at this decision so critically but I for one am pleased.

Kirby

I guess it's ok if there's an eavesdropping feature on the voice chat, but I'm glad that normal ones coming out too, some people that play a Wii are older than 11 years old.

kev: They mostly want to take precautions against offensive messages and swearing, as Sous touched on.

I mean c'mon. The CMO Channel (Mii Contest Channel over there in UK) is riddled with inappropriate Mii's and although that doesn't relate directly to voice chat exactly, it makes them wonder if they're giving us "too" much freedom, which is probably why they had MKWii have pre-formatted messages you can send. Same for Dr. Mario WiiWare.

Werbung: