Wii Guns

Werbung:

badboykane

Geno said:
Cool. I hope this works well with the MoH that's coming out soon.

Of course it will, its not a whole gun. Just a clippy case, you slot the Wiimote on top so it will work as it does normally but apart from holding it like a remote, you will hold like a gun instead.

EngWii

Matt said:
EngWii said:
I'm going to make a concept controller for my a-level technology project, that will probably look something like one of these, i want to go along the lines of a gun style shaped controller.

that'd be good! You'll have to show us it

It won't be for ages yet, we have only just started :)
but when it's done (and if it's good) i will show it here.

Grif

badboykane said:
The zapper on the NES was great as was the scope on the SNES, making a gun attachment on the Wii I think is pretty useless, the accuracy just isn't there so will never be good enough to use as a gun on the shooting games, you still have the crosshair on the screen which doesn't even line up with the end of the Wiimote anyway.
The idea of guns is to do away with the crosshair and have the player in full control of the aim.

Um, yes, the Wii points where the crosshair is. Perfectly. The mechanics of the Wiimote make it impossible for the Wiimote to point anywhere else. Sure, it lags a bit if you move too fast, but, so does everything. Anyways, the first concept screenshot is some kind of shotgun. How would the reloading mechanism work? Do you pull the handle back into the C button on the Nunchuk?

badboykane

The Wii doesn't point anywhere, it just sits there.

The accuracy isn't perfect, you aim at the screen and look down the Wiimote you will see the crosshair is a fair bit lower than the end of the Wiimote.

It aims perfectly to where you want it but if the crosshair wasn't there and you just used the sight on the gun attachment to aim you would miss everything.

Grif

badboykane said:
The Wii doesn't point anywhere, it just sits there.

The accuracy isn't perfect, you aim at the screen and look down the Wiimote you will see the crosshair is a fair bit lower than the end of the Wiimote.

It aims perfectly to where you want it but if the crosshair wasn't there and you just used the sight on the gun attachment to aim you would miss everything.

That's true, but, they could just adjust the sights a bit.

Anyways, most people wouldn't use the sights, unless it was a sniping game, which is unlikely material for the Wii. It's much more fun in normal shooters to fire from the hip, so people probably will.

badboykane

even with an official one it is still just a lump of plastic you sit your Wiimote in, unless Nintendo make a propper light gun then they will be a waste of money.

Giga-Bowser

Accessory_zapper.jpg

this is the official "Wii Zapper" comming out soon, what you you guys think?
I actualy like it! :)

Werbung: