Where light is consumed

james1654

Whoa, nice story, Flad, I like your stories but they tend too much to start with someone waking up. You should experiment with other beginings. The one I use alot is that you get a main character and some freinds sitting together somewhere calm, then its descriptive of that place.

I have been thinking of making a vampiric story, because I often rush the action parts in my story (especially if you read the beast in the cellar) , and a monster ends up anhiliating the entire group of characters. But if i make a vampiric story, it will go sort of slowly.

Werbung:

Fladian

Introductions and beginnings (which are mostly the same for me anyway) are the weakest part of me in writing a story. When you would give a good look at all my stories, you'll find that they all are the same in the beginning. I am not creative enough to start with something else, and everything I did try to begin with which was not the same, ended up as being quite bad. Therefore, I keep using this. "Never change a winning tactic." Funny that my most recent story (read: the one I am writing as we speak) starts the same way as you mentioned.
This story, 'Where light is consumed', on the other hand, is something that does not belong in my book of good stories I made. Not at all. This story is, as I mentioned near the beginning, a completely failed story, but finished, and that is what was of importance. There are many (good) ways of going with this story, the concept is interesting and it could go many different ways. Unfortunately, I decided to pick the least most interesting of them all and also went downhill with the story, failing it to draw all the potential from the story.

I personally try to avoid actions as long as I am able to. The fight with Herasiel in If, and only if was an exception. Not only was that, in my opinion, the best way to make screen time for Herasiel, it also helped the plot develop. Not to mention that I had to create a little action to not bore the readers with a story like that. Especially because all other characters were far from ready for combat at that moment.
'Action' isn't my favorite genre, but often necessary to keep people interested. I often tried to experiment other genres to replace the action. Which I think I will (eventually) succeed in.

As for that story you said, James. I personally don't like stories about vampires. I find them quite dull, and very overused, making me unable to enjoy them. The ways to drive the story forward are quite... old now too. There are little original things to do with it, except when you want to aim for the non-serious (therefore, humor) part, which I don't think you will.

james1654

Hmmmm, yes, i know what you mean about the "slow paced" vampire theme , and me making a short story involving vampires was just an idea ( but one that might become a reality) . It is something that I would try to avoid at all costs. I absoloutly can't stand a slow paced vampire story, and I was so boored when in van helsing the vampire slowly walks through the sword that I wished I could just be at home having a w*n* , because I had that dull feeling you get in your balls when your in need of one, or when you feel extremely boored or restless.

Moving on . . .

Mystery is an essence that I really fail to add to my story, which is one of the reasons why they are so short.

Anyway, I will be getting my English mock sats marks when i get back to school. I found the skakespear task extremely dificult, but i 1337 PWNORZED all the other English tests so i'm hoping to be somewhere in the best 3 of my class ( which is nothing to be proud of, seeing as my form group consists of about 12 non ambitious dumb chavs, 5 normal people in the middle somewhere, and then 3 people who are actually clever) .

Man, some of these chav people have no future what so ever.

Fladian

Not really the right thread to continue this, but still...

I didn't say anything about a "slow paced vampire theme", James. They were not related to each other in my post, as I recall. I am actually very fond on slow paced stories, as long as the idea is good. Only recently I've spent a few days reading a Drama / Romance / Humor story. Pretty goo... no, one of the best I've ever read online. The story was actually very cliche (boy who is good at a sport (basketbal) moves to another city where he meets a girl who is also good in that sport, they fall in love, get a few problems, solve the problems, end of story) and would quickly be found very boring as in the first who-knows-how-many chapters nothing specific happened. It was not really meant for character development either, they used it mostly for a more accurate introduction of the characters. Unfortunately, not all characters have been developed nicely. Not to mention that one character was badly introduced, played no real role in the story until the end, where it became perhaps even more important than the two main characters. But if it is such a cliche story, why did I like it so much (besides it being my favorite genre)? Well, the main female character is gay.

Though I have yet to prove myself with mystery, I am pretty confident in it, in opposite to many other genres. Maybe it's because drama's are my favorite and specialized genre. Though most of my stories (not intentionally) end up being drama's.

I often concentrate mostly on character development during stories. The plot is often based on how I let the characters develop over time, and that will give me more than enough material to write about. Now I think about it, that might be the full reason why I'm not very creative when it comes to introductions and a begin of a story.

As for your English class; don't praise yourself too much, James. Not only are you behind on most of us here, you're also behind by age, despite English being your native language.
Back in my High School days, I was the best in English without any hesitation. But despite I scored a perfect score on my final exam, I have more bad memories about it than good ones. It is the last thing I want to brag about because it gave more bad luck than it gave me good things to remember myself of. Perhaps if I wouldn't have scored so high on my English tests, perhaps then she wouldn't be in the situation she was. Agh!

But as you said, James, though I'll quote someone else:
"Movin' on" - Ian van Dahl

Undead_Lives

Ahem, yes as Flad said, Moving on...
And on topic this time please :D
If you want to talk about that sorta stuff, do it in the off-topic discussion :D

james1654

Ye i actually said "though thats nothing to be proud of" . I consider myself to be about a normal inteligence , its just that my school is near eastern london and so the most of my class is pathetically stupid blonde girls and boys that try to act hard and boys that bullshit themselves that they will be rich when they older but they don't know sh*t , because they too interested in flirting with girls.

I try not to be a drain on society like 70% of youths near eastern London are. Fucking yobos, chavs, c*nts, theifs, pickpockets, and *sigh* i could go on forever and i'd prob just go mental with anger.

But . . . Maybe if i managed to put emotions and feelings such as that into an evil story, then it would be really interesting and cool. :yay:

Fladian

Ye i actually said "though thats nothing to be proud of" . I consider myself to be about a normal inteligence , its just that my school is near eastern london and so the most of my class is pathetically stupid blonde girls and boys that try to act hard and boys that bullshit themselves that they will be rich when they older but they don't know sh*t , because they too interested in flirting with girls.[/b]
Does that include me, James? Except that I'm not blond, don't expect to get rich and am not able to flirt? :p

Yet I do fit a bit of that description.

i could go on forever and i'd prob just go mental with anger.[/b]
So could I, though I'm not mad at those people, I'm more mad at myself. =)

But . . . Maybe if i managed to put emotions and feelings such as that into an evil story, then it would be really interesting and cool. :yay:
[/b]
Go ahead and try it. You'l see it's a lot harder than you think it is at the start. After all, how long have I tried to do so? A year or two, I guess.

An interesting subject, feel free to continue in a different thread where it is more on-topic than here.

Undead_Lives

An interesting subject, feel free to continue in a different thread where it is more on-topic than here.[/b]
:eek: Flad becomes more mod-ish! :p
(btw I don't think mod-ish is a word :p)
Yes let's cut out the off topic, and get back on topic please.

Werbung: