Vista 64 bit

bobbyb65

when I play combat arms I freeze up and never return to the game. I have to kill the power and then restart. sometimes the game just restarts the whole machine. I am running vista 64 bit but I have changed the compatibility to xp and then 98/me and still have the same problems. HELP!!!

Werbung:

Twitchy

Hey I use Vista 64bit as well. I did get some problem before but it turned out that my compy didn't have the correct, latest graphic card driver. I was told by someone that Windows may try to download and install a graphic card driver, and that driver may be bad. This was the care pretty horrible for me because my laptop graphic card driver can not be found in the manufacturer website. Many laptop drivers are proprietary modified hardware eventhough it may say "nVidia"... So if your computer is a laptop, try to download the latest driver from the laptop manufacturer.

SAGER NP9262 Laptop:
- Processor: Intel Core2 QUAD 3.0GHz
- Video Card: nVidia GeForce 9800M GTX 1,024MB
- Ram: 4.00 GB
- Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-Bit

bobbyb65

OS= windows vista ultimate 64bit
processor= AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 4200
Ram= 2 gig
graphics card= nvidia geforce 6200 turbocache

Twitchy

I am one of those people who think that Mac users are a slight bit retarded.

Well, bobby. Try these things, perhaps these will help!

- AMD 64 Dual Core's are known for hyperthreading getting screwy. Google "AMD dual core optimizer" it makes ur dual core more stable.
- If neither of these work, download "nTune" or any graphic card temperature monitor and see if that is fine. If not, bust ur computer open and clean every fan. If graphic card fan is clogged, chances are so are the others.

btw, do not change the compatibility. Combat Arms work on Vista 64 as is, very stable. The problem seems either your graphic card, or seeing that u are using a dual core AMD 64 procs which are already known to have these problems... i suggest the AMD dual-core optimizer. Also get the latest graphic card driver.

Werbung: