To all you Wii modder moaners..

Squiddy

The bad news: Yes, the latest Wii Update has blocked the Gamecube and any future Wii Freeloaders. Bad news for us Europeans then. Also, it's rendered most modded Wii's unusable as Nintendo warns those who have modded their Wii before updating. If you don't update your Wii, you can't play newer releases. ;)

But here's the bright side.

Have you ever been confused as to why so-and-so has so many points on the leaderbaord yet has only played 2-3 matches on Strikers Charged?

Then there's the Action Replay and other tools to hack games for cheating online play. It's a nightmare on games like Metroid Prime Hunters and Mario Kart DS.

The good news: these latest updates block these hacking tools, goodbye crappy n00by hackers, hello REAL online gamers!

The best news: if there IS a new hacking device set out to ruin gamers, then Nintendo can regularly update Wii's to block these updates!

Cool huh? Discuss!

Werbung:

Ryano

Thats fantastic, I remember in the 1st week I got MSCF that someone had 99990 points and had played 99999 games.....xD

So at least these dumb hackers won't be around anymore.

Squiddy

Speaking of hackers, what kind of abnormal things have you expereinced while playing MSCF online?

I've played n00bs who use infinite bananas even when they don't have anything in their items. It's a pain, espcially when the Team Captain runs into the corner of the pitch, use the bananas and get an easy MegaStrike! >.<

Squiddy

Ryano said:
Well I've never actually played a hacker but that sounds very funny what happened to you....Did you DC?

Nope. It was quite funny actually. I've only DC-ed 4-5 times, but that was only because the other guy was a hammer spamming dodo.

Thank God there'll be no hackers on the Xleague tournament on September. :)

Gdog

i have never been a big Action Replay fan, so I'm really glad! But squiddy, what were you saying about gamecube games?

Squiddy

Gdog said:
i have never been a big Action Replay fan, so I'm really glad! But squiddy, what were you saying about gamecube games?

You see, some American and UK gamers like to import their games from Japan or America (if you're from Europe) - but the GameCube is region-locked, meaning it can only play games from the country it was sold in, same for the Wii. However, a Freeloader is a GameCube disc that will let you play games from any region, and it also worked on Wii (not on Wii Games though, just that freeloaded Cube games worked on the Wii). You inserted the Freeloader disc, and when on the program, it will tell you to eject the Freeloader disc and insert the imported game you wanna play. Simple.

But the latest Wii Update have stopped the Freeloader from working, which is bad news for GameCube importers. Still, there's always a bright side in the form of extra enhancements to your Wii and the stopping of Action Replay! :D

Sousanator

Actually there are still methods to use Action Replay and freeloader, but I believe AR didn't have cheats that are for wii, only GameCube.
And although Nintendo did put that message, all Modchips still work perfectly.

Squiddy

Sousanator said:
Actually there are still methods to use Action Replay and freeloader, but I believe AR didn't have cheats that are for wii, only GameCube.
And although Nintendo did put that message, all Modchips still work perfectly.

Weird, I swear there's AR players on MSC. And they do them for RE4, TP etc when I saw it in a second-hand shop.

I can't comment on the modchips, since my cousin's Wii got bricked because of the modchip thing after he updated. :p

badboykane

The new Wii update has not stopped Gamecube games from working, I can still play Gamecube backups just fine.
The update has just stopped things like freeloader, action replay and the modchip setup discs.
Everything else works fine, I can still play Strikers and Pokemon online without problems.
It has not stopped any modded Wii consoles from working either, thats just rumors. Mine and all the 1000's of people I speak to on other forums are still working great after the update.

You can still play newer releases on old firmware too, there is a prog which disables the update feature on the games which you run on the iso before burning it to disc and then when you put the game in, it doesn't prompt you for an update.

All the current stuff about Nintendo blocking modchips is all just rumors started by people who know nothing about hacking. Nintendo put out warnings to put people off hacking but it doesn't put current hackers off.

Look at Sony's feeble attempt to stop PSP hackers, you need to update firmware for certain games. That didn't work did it? Its the same for Wii.
Hackers will always be 1 step ahead of developers.

When I updated my Wii to 3.0E I didn't even get a message telling me it could stop functioning if I have modded my Wii.

Squiddy

Meh, whenever there's a will, there's a way. Hacker's motto basically. And people who pirate. Although the people who pirate are scum. ¬_¬

badboykane

So you are calling me scum?

Not sure you can judge me without actually knowing me.

I think people are scum when they insult someone without knowing anything about them. So you are scum for calling me scum when I am actually a nice guy(apart from when someone who pisses me off)

There are plenty of bad people in the world who are scum, someone who pirates may not be a bad person themselves so can not be called scum.

Werbung:

Squiddy

Since when did I say that modders and hackers were pirators? I don't really mind what people do with their Wiis by modding, and in my book, modding isn't pirating. You're not stealing from the companies, just adding extra functionality through hacks and mods.

Dude, my heritage comes from Asia, in particular, Pakistan and India, and the amount of sleazy pirate DVDs and Games I see there make me sick - also, most of the money made from pirating fund other illegal activites, like terrorist plots. You heard me, terrorist plots, which is why I hate pirating in general.

I wsn't calling you scum - I really don't mind modders, heck, my uncle does this do his own consoles. If you're offended with what I said, don't be. I just hate piracy, it's a menace.