The Eye of the storm.

Escurial

Here is my first story. Ive translated it from dutch into english so if something isnt right then i could be that.
Anyway its about the spoiled prince Ishfeur.

there isnt much action in it yet. but that will change soon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Eye of the Storm.

In the backyard behind the Royal Dellusan Palace stood a boy, Prince Ishfeur. The grass was stripped away under his feet. Sweat dripped from his forehead on the muddy ground below. The Prince his workouts were always intense and fast. Very fast that is. Ishfeurs twin blades flashed round with a precision that was inhuman. The prince was practicing his stands and moves for the tournament that would be held in 3 days. Ishfeur was excited about it. While spinning and thrusting his swords he thought about how it would be to be a master. He already exceeded his own master and has discarded him and asked for a new master who could train him. Ishfeur father, king of Dellusan also named Ishfeur, demanded that a new trainer would come but no swordmaster dared. Because being discarded by the Dellusan family meant public death. Incompetence was not tolerated and viewed as an insult. And insulting the Dellusan was one of the highest crimes possible.
Ishfeur took some time to catch his breath, he had been practicing for 3 hours now and the second sun was high in the sky. Which meant that it would become very hot in a few minutes.
The prince looked around and saw the court woman by the fountain. Great trees surrounded the fountains, trees that were older than time itself it seemed. They had always been there and would never go away. He walked over and greeted the court girls. A few of them were to be future wifes of some of Ishfeur younger brothers. Waving he said “The sun is almost high. So who of you pretty ladies will join me for a drink?†The girls giggled like they had a secret but one of them filled a clean cup and walked over to Ishfeur. She did not look at him as it was illegal to look in the eyes of a Dellusan. No one was equal to them but them selfs and their friends. He placed his hand on her face, Shaimé Rellum she was called, and he thanked her with a smile. Shaimé smiled back and Ishfeur knew that he would bed her tonight. No doubt she would think she would be his queen. Nothing could be further from the truth. He would bed her and leave her to her own. If she would get pregnant she would be cast out on the streets. But the young prince didn't care. He would bed her and that was his right. If she would carry a child then that would be her responsibility not his.
Ishfeur stayed a few more moments and listened to the ladies gossip. When he left to took a moment to look at Shamé. The girl looked back. Their eyes met and then the prince broke contact and walked towards the Palace. The great building had been carved out of stone and marble. Almost every window was surrounded by gold and the hole roof was plated gold to. The giant towers and the upper roof had a convex spheres on them. Giving the palace a Royal look and endorsing the palace with class and style envied by many kings.

The throne room was the most endorsed room in the palace. With golden statues showing battles of long past and resent times. Ishfeurs father had fought in two minor wars now and had his own statues standing in the throne room. Ishfeur looked at the statues. He named them “Past glory†and “Denial†The two statues were of a man in the prime of his live, muscle bound and impressively tall. The prince walked past the statues and looked at the throne. A fat man sat on it. “The fat king of Dellusan†whispered Ishfeur within himself. He wondered how many man had the same experience. Seeing the statues and expecting a great leader but only find a fat man filled with gluttony and lust. The prince viewed his father with disgust and walked away again.
The king saw Ishfeur and called for him “Come my son, sit and drink with me and our foreign friend. The wine is good and the food is even better!â€ÂÂ
Ishfeur Turned again and walked over to his fat father. Food had stain the kings Royal robe. No doubt Ishfeurs fat father couldn't hold a chicken for longer then five seconds. It was in or it fell out of the kings hands. Prince Ishfeur sat down and looked at his fathers “friendâ€ÂÂ
The man smiled at him. A slave of his father. The governor of one of the lands of the Dellusan.
Ishfeur hated his man. As he hated every man who did the kings bidding. But today he would say nothing would do nothing. Today Ishfeur would sitt down and drink. Quickly he was laughing along with his father and the governor who's name Ishfeur could not remember.

The first of the Dellusan was a farmer, a man without plans for the future, named K'mel . He was also a great fighter. His way to become the king was that of not wanting the position. Someday a lord of the town payed a visit to his farm. The lord told K'mel that his farm was claimed by the lords new empire. K'mel was not impressed and told the lord to leave. At this insult the lord told his men to kill K'mel thinking that the farmer posed no threat. K'mel took their lives and there blood stained the ground.
He captured the lord and chained him up on his roof. If someone wanted the lord they had to get him themselfs. Days later a messenger from the town came. K'mel though that he came for the lord. But to the farmers surprise the messenger told him that the law said that if he killed the lord that he would own the lords title all his wealth. By hearing this K'mel took the lord of his roof and murdered him on the spot, the lord's blood stained the ground. The same ground on which Ishfeur now stood. The palace was build around this sacred place. Ishfeur loved it and wondered how it must have been back then. Such a great man who singlehandedly conquered land after land. Leading his armies over mountain tops and grassy lands. The prince loved stories of combat.
Today it was the feast of the whirlwind a returning feast that occurred once every five years. A sacrifice was brought to the beach four miles from from the city. This sacrifice was often a homeless whore picked of the streets the year ago. This whore then received a royal treatment. She would eat the best meals and great jewelry was hang around her neck. She would be praised for a whole year and then cast on the beach. Naked, without dignity and honor, she would be screamed at and stones where cast towards her. She would then wait until the whirlwind from the sea would claim her and save her from the raining stones. After that the citizen would return to there homes and drank into the night cheering that their city was once again saved from the whirlwind.
Tomorrow was the day of sacrifice and Ishfeur had been feeling uneasy. Somehow he had the feeling something was different this year. To get rid of this uneasy feeling Ishfeur saddled his horse and rode off to the forest. Last night he had bedded Shaimé. It was everything Ishfeur expected, nothing great. He had no love for her and even though it was her first time he was not gently. He had seen her spasm under him. She did her best to like it the prince commented to himself. But she failed in that. Sad for her Ishfeur concluded.
Riding off to the forest ahead Ishfeur lost all thought and the feeling of unease was gone.

That night Ishfeur found himself on the beach. Frowning Ishfeur stepped of his hoarse. The prince tied the horse to a tree. He walked down the beach and looked over the wide and endless mass of water. Ishfeurs eyes suddenly expanded and turned from blue to black. Ishfeur couldn't move and his eyes were fixed on the horizon. His eyes showed him a giant whirlwind gaining speed towards the prince. Ishfeur wanted to run away but something kept him from it. A low happy voice comming from the whirlwind spoke too Ishfeurs “You have been chosen, little prince, because of an lack of better skilled men†Ishfeur screamed and suddenly gained control over his body again. He ran to his horse only to find it had already left. The noble beast had ripped the rope. Thunder roared across the sky and Ishfeur screamed without sound. With fear in his heart Ishfeur ran towards the forest. Great fires lifted up from the trees as lightning impacted. Ishfeur felt wind gripping his golden and red clothe. The prince turned around and saw a wall of water swirling around. Then the whirlwind absolved him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Werbung:

Fladian

You asked me to reply, so here it is. :p

I read the story, though despite it is a good story, I am not fond of the subject. Fact remains as well, that people rarely write about something like that, so I nearly forgot that I'm not fond on it. I guess I don't like 'ruling power' :p
Doesn't change the fact that it is well writen, except for some grammar mistake at some place. Though not really bothersome, they did increase in amounts at the end.

You know what? I'll try JetPack's rating.
Spelling and grammar 3,5/5
Though like I said, they are not really bothersome, I tend to stumble a bit around them. I guess others would give a higher rating.
Read the last paragraph again, and you'll see what's going on. Despite I know you were tired when you wrote that, the mistakes remain.

Concept 6/10
It is quite a standard idea. Because it is not much, I can't give much higher either. Since the base idea is very standard, it will rely a lot on how the story will fare.

Storytelling: 8,5/10
The storytelling was good, and I enjoyed the way it was writen.

Final score 18/25
I guess that's good enough. Mostly because it is a beginning story. Like I said at 'Concept', it is a standard idea, and it will rely a lot on how the story would fare, how the story would progress.

Escurial

Yea ive never been a grammerhugger. though im the best english student in my class...but that dosnt say anything since everybody sucks in english on my school.

This is a rating that i really like. Ive studied for this the most. ive read books and written every sentence over. its a good way to understand why people use "intensivly" weird and long sentences. Have i said i really like that rating?

Concept 6/10
I guess it is. though i hope i take it a little further then most writers.
He wont be a snob forever. :p He will change in a person i hope nobody thinks he will turn in!

Fladian

Yea ive never been a grammerhugger. though im the best english student in my class...but that dosnt say anything since everybody sucks in english on my school.[/b]
I can find myself at that. If you count one class away in general, I never been part of a class where there were more than three people would score at least decently during English class.
Graduating from Junior High with a perfect score did make me a tad arrogant back then though.

I'm not a grammar nazi, but unfortunately, I am related to a grammar nazi. As long that is the case, I do a lot in my power to improve my grammar. Fact remains that my English has gotten worse over the last amount of time, because of my interest in other things, which involved no, or at least, very little English.

This is a rating that i really like. Ive studied for this the most. ive read books and written every sentence over. its a good way to understand why people use "intensivly" weird and long sentences. Have i said i really like that rating?[/b]
Remember that it is JetPack's rating system. I tend to rate differently, making a big gap between JetPack and myself. Though I don't think we have that much of a difference.

The long and "intesively" weird sentences are often used for details, which I can be well described in JetPack's and my latest story. JetPack was trying out how much he could use, and unfortunately, it is my way of writing - which gets tiresome when read too often.

Concept 6/10
I guess it is. though i hope i take it a little further then most writers.
He wont be a snob forever. :p He will change in a person i hope nobody thinks he will turn in!
[/b]
Take it a little further, eh? Well, I'll see.
There are expectations in what he'll change. He has doesn't have much of a limit to change in, after all being a skilled prince and all.

Good luck though.

Escurial

I agree to everything that you say fladien. so i wont react.

here is a new piece. i just wrote it. It writes really easy. i have so many idea :p
Anyway here it is!

--------------------------------------------

The first of the Dellusan was a farmer, a man without plans for the future, named K'mel . He was also a great fighter. His way to become the king was that of not wanting the position. Someday a lord of the town payed a visit to his farm. The lord told K'mel that his farm was claimed by the lords new empire. K'mel was not impressed and told the lord to leave. At this insult the lord told his men to kill K'mel thinking that the farmer posed no threat. K'mel took their lives and there blood stained the ground.
He captured the lord and chained him up on his roof. If someone wanted the lord they had to get him themselfs. Days later a messenger from the town came. K'mel though that he came for the lord. But to the farmers surprise the messenger told him that the law said that if he killed the lord that he would own the lords title all his wealth. By hearing this K'mel took the lord of his roof and murdered him on the spot, the lord's blood stained the ground. The same ground on which Ishfeur now stood. The palace was build around this sacred place. Ishfeur loved it and wondered how it must have been back then. Such a great man who singlehandedly conquered land after land. Leading his armies over mountain tops and grassy lands. The prince loved stories of combat.
Today it was the feast of the whirlwind a returning feast that occurred once every five years. A sacrifice was brought to the beach four miles from from the city. This sacrifice was often a homeless whore picked of the streets the year ago. This whore then received a royal treatment. She would eat the best meals and great jewelry was hang around her neck. She would be praised for a whole year and then cast on the beach. Naked, without dignity and honor, she would be screamed at and stones where cast towards her. She would then wait until the whirlwind from the sea would claim her and save her from the raining stones. After that the citizen would return to there homes and drank into the night cheering that their city was once again saved from the whirlwind.
Tomorrow was the day of sacrifice and Ishfeur had been feeling uneasy. Somehow he had the feeling something was different this year. To get rid of this uneasy feeling Ishfeur saddled his horse and rode off to the forest. Last night he had bedded Shaimé. It was everything Ishfeur expected, nothing great. He had no love for her and even though it was her first time he was not gently. He had seen her spasm under him. She did her best to like it the prince commented to himself. But she failed in that. Sad for her Ishfeur concluded.
Riding off to the forest ahead Ishfeur lost all thought and the feeling of unease was gone.

That night Ishfeur found himself on the beach. Frowning Ishfeur stepped of his hoarse. The prince tied the horse to a tree. He walked down the beach and looked over the wide and endless mass of water. Ishfeurs eyes suddenly expanded and turned from blue to black. Ishfeur couldn't move and his eyes were fixed on the horizon. His eyes showed him a giant whirlwind gaining speed towards the prince. Ishfeur wanted to run away but something kept him from it. A low happy voice comming from the whirlwind spoke too Ishfeurs “You have been chosen, little prince, because of an lack of better skilled men†Ishfeur screamed and suddenly gained control over his body again. He ran to his horse only to find it had already left. The noble beast had ripped the rope. Thunder roared across the sky and Ishfeur screamed without sound. With fear in his heart Ishfeur ran towards the forest. Great fires lifted up from the trees as lightning impacted. Ishfeur felt wind gripping his golden and red clothe. The prince turned around and saw a wall of water swirling around. Then the whirlwind absolved him.

--------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this gives it the needed plot twist.
And jetpack, i would like to hear you opinion about my story. and dont be scared to comment about the story. even if you think it sucks!. (which i hope you dont think)

Fladian

here is a new piece. i just wrote it. It writes really easy. i have so many idea :p [/b]
I know what you mean, in a way. Though I usually am full with ideas, I find it hard to write them down. I can't find the right words for it.

The prince tied the hoarse to a tree. [/b]
This came back, constantly. Though I may be mistaking, - which wouldn't be the first time - I doubt I am. As far as I know, it still remains 'horse', not 'hoarse.'

I hope this gives it the needed plot twist.
[/b]
For me, it gave the story a twist, but not the necessary excitement you were probably aiming for. I, for one, could've seen it coming, that falls a little as a disappointment, though I yet wait for the next part.

On a little side note, the 'being farmer, that became king' is quite cliché, isn't it? :p

As for something else.
Today it was the feast of the whirlwind, a returning feast that occurred once every five years.[/b]
Try to make more use of comma's in several senteces. This is one of the sentences that could use a comma, as far as I know.

Escurial

This came back, constantly. Though I may be mistaking, - which wouldn't be the first time - I doubt I am. As far as I know, it still remains 'horse', not 'hoarse.'[/b]

Noted and corrected.

For me, it gave the story a twist, but not the necessary excitement you were probably aiming for. I, for one, could've seen it coming, that falls a little as a disappointment, though I yet wait for the next part.

On a little side note, the 'being farmer, that became king' is quite cliché, isn't it? :p

As for something else.
[/b]
Hmm yes. it seems like an cliché...but the farmer wasnt just a goodie good guy who did it to help the people of the city. he did it because of the wealth of the lord.

It saddens me you didnt find it exciting. maybe i sould have left out the story about the whirlwind...or maybe not.

more commas? ...ill try.

Fladian

Noted and corrected.[/b]
Not just there. Throughout the entire story the same mistake was made. I just picked a little part out, to show an example.

It saddens me you didnt find it exciting. maybe i sould have left out the story about the whirlwind...or maybe not.[/b]
Perhaps. Perhaps not. Maybe it was because I could see it coming, and was not surprised at all when it happened. Also, try to describe the evironment more, that way you let the reader know in what kind of place they are now. Take an example of JetPack's story, or mine, for details, if necessary.

Escurial

[qoute]Not just there. Throughout the entire story the same mistake was made. I just picked a little part out, to show an example.
[/qoute]
hmmm. all noted. i forgot how to write horse. and hoarse is a word to..

Fladian

'Hoarse' is indeed, an existing word as well, but not used in all the ways you used it, unfortunately.

EDIT: *roar* 180 posts and a new picture. (Knight)

Kem Rixen

I've been reading these but just haven't had the time to comment. I forget what happened in the first one so I'll comment on the second part. I was a bit confused with how the story went along, it seemed to jump around a bit, past, present, his thoughts. There is a bit of foreshadowing, the story being so short it can't really be taken advantage of however. I'll give it a proper rating later, these are what really jumped out at me.

Fladian

JetPack (probably, I can't really look it up because of the situation I am - school) meant that you switched too often, or too fast, from the past to the present or to his thoughts, which gets confusing very fast, not to mention it looks very chaotic.

I guess that explains it somewhat...

Werbung:

Fladian

Me liking something does not automaticly makes it a good story. I'm not professional in rating stories, after all.

'Crusade Serenity', you say? Sorry, Falco, but that doesn't ring any bell for me at all.