The end of PC gaming?

RPCOM

Is PC gaming coming to an end? Many games like "RDR" and L.A. Noire didn't release for the PC. Are all game developers shying away from PC? Why consoles and not for PC? What do you think? Give me your opinion.

Werbung:

bertorelli

I don't think so. There are some reasons why developers should make games for PC. Look at Blizzard's masterpiece which is WoW. Bilions of people play it online, and it's only available for PC. Also greater part of gamers are PC gamers. There are more PCs than consoles IMO in gaming society.

RPCOM

I don't think so. There are some reasons why developers should make games for PC. Look at Blizzard's masterpiece which is WoW. Bilions of people play it online, and it's only available for PC. Also greater part of gamers are PC gamers. There are more PCs than consoles IMO in gaming society.
I agree with you and i was not talking about Blizzard. Blizzard is a PC game developer and develops awesome games for PC. I love them. But take a look at other game companies. They are greedy. :(

iebo00

There's tons of games that only come out for the PC, so no, its not the end of the PC. The PC is where the innovation is, and with the internet small developers are able to get their games out to everyone.

nick_ro

I do not think PC gaming will end ever! Almost everything is done now with a computer, everyone has a computer, so for developers it is more easily to sell games to people who own computers, rather than just for those who have console or something else. If you want to sell a product it is normal to choose a broader audience.

oninightmare

The PC gaming pretty much will never end. Consoles when you think about it are just updated graphics cards that computers use and a new system. That's all it really is. PC is where you can game and have the best graphics and gaming experience. The people who sell games are just looking for the broad amount of people and well right now most people are on console, and that's just how it is. Advertise to the majority and bring in the profit.

Androu1

PC gaming will never die. Even if the devs prefer the consoles, PC gaming will never die. Devs still recognize it as a viable market despite the piracy issue that they have so much trouble with.

Jordan B

PC Gaming will never die. Hell, people still playing DOS games 15 years later.

What bothers me are the numerous crappy console ports that developers don't make PC friendly, OR change to run more efficiently on PC hardware.

*COUGH* GTA IV *COUGH*

t-b0ne

What it comes down to is the market and money. The console market is marginally bigger than PC gaming because to have a decent PC gaming rig you generally have to shell out 1k+. There are more console players than PC players. A lot of games now are being developed on a console and are completely derailing from PC aspects and gamesense. No, the PC market will never stagger to nothing, but new multiplatform games will favor consoles more and more and eventually the games will just suck to play on a PC.

It's impossible to end since a lot of people prefer keyboard/mouse then game controller. Also let's not forget that a lot of the "big" games can't be handled by systems like Wii and PS simply because they don't have the hardwear, that PC can offer.
Minor note. Blizzard have Millions of fan base not Billions :D

Jessi

PC gaming definitely isn't going anywhere. In fact, LA Noire that you mentioned was released for PCs even because there's a market there for it anyway. If anything PC gaming will end up becoming -more- popular again as time goes on and people switch their desires around again.

Scoobysteaks

Billions? That's a massive exaggeration, more like 10 million. Sadly but surely PC gaming is dieing a death, see how I say sadly? I really miss good old PC games being created.

sammy

While LA Noire is the kind of game that seems perfect for the PC(there's been plenty like it before), being released on a console says a lot about the current landscape of gaming. Devs are willing to take more risks.

Consoles and mobile devices are seen as the mainstream way of playing games. That doesn't mean PC gamers are running out of options. There are still plenty of Devs who release content. It's just not a focal point to the masses.

Werbung:

Jumba

PC gaming I think will never die, although for some games it is slowing down while consoles get bigger. I think some games are more for consoles than the PC.