Summer reading

rocktrns

Hello Now that its summer If any of you go to school do you have a summer reading book.
I do mine is the StormBreaker by:Anthony Horowitz

I havent even started it yet.
Whats yours,if not what book are you reading now?

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

Hello Now that its summer If any of you go to school do you have a summer reading book.
I do mine is the StormBreaker by:Anthony Horowitz

I havent even started it yet.
Whats yours,if not what book are you reading now?

I read that entire series -It's pretty cool. Anyways... I'm reading "Dracula" by Brom Stoker

E

Elite SEAL

Oh you did I'm only on the first couple of pages.
Does the book get at least interesting?
What point of the book does it start getting attention catching?

um...yes, it gets pretty interesting. Lets see...first few pages...Alex's father was killed by Yassen Gregorovich...anyways, just keep reading.

I forgot when it gets good, but its in a little while.

rocktrns

um...yes, it gets pretty interesting. Lets see...first few pages...Alex's father was killed by Yassen Gregorovich...anyways, just keep reading.

I forgot when it gets good, but its in a little while.

Ok Since you said it I better start readin cause I only have a month intil school starts.:p

Miran_Eitan

As I'm in college, I don't have summer reading, but I did pick up an armful of books from my dad's shelf, all of which come highly recommended. If you like reading, take a glance into a few of these.

A Talent for War - Jack McDevit

Part of the Alex Benedict series, a very well written science fiction novel. Think Indiana Jones in space. He's an artifact salesman who gets himself in a bit deeper than expected.

Starship Troopers - Robert A. Heinlein

What started science fiction. If you've seen the movie and hated it, you'll love the book. They're nothing alike. A rather short read, good for airplane or car trips.

Variable Star - Robert A. Heinlein and Spider Robinson

Possibly one of the best books I've ever read. Another science fiction involving traveling to a new world for the first time. The way Robinson describes music is fantastic and probably one of the most fluid books I've ever read.

Dies the Fire - S. M. Stirling

Are you afraid of the dark? What would happen if electricity and gunpowder suddenly stopped working? Without your modern day tools and equipment, could you survive from day to day? Dies the Fire is an interesting book, striking at the idea of "what if" the general pressure of the earth were to change by a few pounds, disabling electricity, steam power and gun powder. I can't say suggested read, just because there's some stuff in the book about Wicca [a religion involving witchcraft] and some people just don't go for that sorta thing.

Into the Looking Glass - John Ringo

Haven't read it yet, a science fiction book that seems like it's similar to Stargate, except the badguys control all of the stargates. From the excerpt I read, it seemed somewhat bloody.

Rainbow Six - Tom Clancy

I read it a LONG time ago. Basically it's what created the R6 games. It's what started the entire genre of counter terrorists saving the world from terrorists who have some bio weapon or nuclear weapon. Very well written.

BossMaroni

I'm not in school, but I have a stack of books I'd like to read this year.

I just finished World War Z by Max Brooks (for the 4th time)
Written as a series of interviews with survivors of a worldwide zombie apocalypse.

Monster Nation by David Wellington
Another zombie book, sequel to Monster Island. I'm kind of a Romero-zombie snob/elitist, but the first one was pretty good. A different take on zombies.

Pride & Prejudice & Zombies (Hmmm...I'm sensing a pattern here)
The author took the classic P&P and added scenes of zombie carnage.

Various H.P. Lovecraft stories
My favorite writer of all time

Prey by Michael Crichton
State of Fear by Michael Crichton

That's what's on my "To Read" stack at the moment. Kind of light for me, since normally I'm constantly reading. But I've been spending more time writing and PROBABLY too much time playing CA.

rocktrns

WoW Private LAN Server :D

I just read StormBreaker in 2 days
its a really good book and I might by the sequels.
I give this book 4 Stars my first time reading the whole summer reading book lol.

Werbung:

spuznick242

The last book I acctually read from cover to cover, was a book on my XR100R dirt bike. Lol, I like to read, I just cant get into any books.