1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Come and join our gamer community by registering for free here

Street Fighter vs. Tekken

Discussion in 'Fan Boys Forum' started by radascars, Jun 18, 2011.

1. radascars

radascars Member

Yes, it's happening: During Capcom's Super Street Fighter 4 panel at Comic-Con today, a trailer was shown off for Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 and Xbox 360, the official name for the game pitting characters from two of the most popular fighting game series ever against each other for the first time.

The announcement came in what almost sounds like the promotion for an epic wrestling match -- the proceedings of the panel were suddenly interrupted (very deliberately, of course) by producers of the Tekken series, and this was followed by a trailer that made the game official (we should have some footage up soon). Evidently SSF4 producer Yoshinori Ono first approached Tekken 6 producer Katsuhiro Harada about the idea, since Ono heard Harada was a Street Fighter fan.

So the original rumor that "Capcom vs. Namco" would be announced wasn't quite accurate (obviously Street Fighter X Tekken suggests only characters from the Street Fighter and Tekken series will appear in it), but the rumor was correct that there will be two versions: One made by Capcom that'll play more in the style of Street Fighter, and one by Namco (called Tekken X Street Fighter) that'll play more like a Tekken game.

2. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

I'm more interested in the Tekken vs SF version. But this one looks pretty decent too

3. radascars

radascars Member

I am also interested in that but seeing the gameplay its worth playing and it would take some time before they release Tekken vs SF. :)

4. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

Unfortunately, what you say is quite true. Namco is working on Tekken Tag Tournament 2 right now. So Tekken vs Streetfighter won't be after that at least.

5. radascars

radascars Member

Lets just hope for the best in Namco's latest release they are the best when it comes to fighting games like these. :) cheers!

6. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

That's true, when it comes to 3D fighting, Namco has been THE consistent company. I have no doubt in them doing the SF characters justice in their version.

7. wendellvan

wendellvan New Member

I'll have to agree on that since Namco is really an expert on that field. I'm excited to see Akuma, Ken and Chun-Li doing some elite Tekken juggles against the Original Tekken characters.

8. Cecil Estrera

Cecil Estrera New Member

This would be one great game, Rad! I have always loved Tekken and Street Fighter games that's why I am glad to hear this news. And upon seeing the trailer, this seems pretty awesome! I just hope that this game will be released soon.

9. radascars

radascars Member

Yeah I've been waiting for this for so long since I heard about the cross match. :)
    For sure this will be addicting and I will play this for long periods of time in arcade soon!

10. Cecil Estrera

Cecil Estrera New Member

Me too! And the kids would love this as well. Pretty cool for a fighting game, right? I can't wait for this. :)

11. Pastulio6267

Pastulio6267 Member

I thought this would be a "which do you like better" topic, but an actually Tekken vs Street Fighter game sounds amazing!

12. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Member

Street Fighte vs Tekken 3D is the game I want to buy the most once I get my hands on PS Vita. However it's still TBA...

13. sammy

sammy Member

I'll probably wait for the impending Capcom v. Namco fight. Namco X Capcom should have been ported to the US consoles. Being an RPG, there is a place for it here. Being an action RPG with fighting game characters, it was unique enough to be worth everyones time.

What I find interesting is the prospect of a three was between SNK Playmore, Capcom and Namco. It must happen. There's no real reason for it not to. I want to use Dig Dug(or Mr. Driller) and clobber Terry Bogard on a Mega Man 2 inspired level.

14. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1 Member

I can't wait for this game to come out. This game here is going to make me a ton of money.