Solderius' Melee Guide 2.0

Soldarius

Hello ladies and gents,
This is going to be a second attempt but yet a more detailed guide to improving your melee gameplay.

M9
My least favorite melee weapon. The M9 has short range, medium slash rate.

Left Click: It's a double slice a attack
Right Click: Kind of a lunging stab

Using the M9 requires you to be really close to your target, especially with the left click. Most commonly used by attack spammers. The right click is mostly used by shifters.

Can take up to 3 - 4 hits to kill someone.

I wouldn't suggest using it. In my opinion, not a very accurate weapon.

Sickle
One of my favorites, call it noob if you want, but a weapon can't be noob. Only the player. You can be accurate with this weapon if you time your attacks just right. Try to learn the range, or ranges of all weapons. It has quick attacks, and is one of the quickest striking melee weapons.

Left Click: A quick one hit slash.
Right Click: A slow thrusting stab. (Commonly used by shifters, followed by a left click)

Can take up to 2 - 3 hits to kill someone.

A good starter weapon. Good against ninjato, kukri, shovel, tomahawk, or shifters.

Bowie
Another one of my favorites and one I hardly see used in melee. In the list of ranged melee weapons that you can buy with GP. In my opinion, I would call this the sickle out of that type. It has a decent swing rate and decent range. Some people try to say it has a double swing but it doesn't.

Left Click: A solid one hit strike. (Can leave your opponent with 32 - 38 hps)
Right Click: An inward stab. (hardly use it but it does good damage)

Takes 2 hits to kill someone.

Takes a little or more practice to use. A good weapon in my opinion.

That's all for now. Will add more later. More melee weapons, tips, play styles, etc to come.

Werbung:

Soldarius

Kukri
Commonly used by shifters if they can't buy a Ninjato. Close to the striking speed of the bowie and some range. Out of the GP it is quicker than the Shovel and Strider Axe (Formally known as the Tomahawk). To use this weapon, you must know it's range and timing for both the left and right click.

Left Click: A downward slice (Single Hit)
Right Click: A double swing (Two hits)

Can kill someone in 2 hits.

If you shift and don't feel like buying NX, then this guy is your friend. If you don't shift, I suggest using the left click unless you good without shifting with the right click.

Shovel
Another one of my top favorites. It may be slow but I like it for some odd reason. It's one of the slowest in the melee weapons in Combat Arms. Another weapon commonly used by shifters. Can be used like the Kukri but you need to time your attack sooner than you did with the Kukri. The double swing is especially the slowest.

Left Click: A slow downward strike. (Single Hit)
Right Click: The slowest double swing. (Double Hit)

Used by experienced melee users and shifters. Don't use this if you're noob at shifting or if you're not that great at timing. I suggest using this if you like the range weapons in melee. Experienced Shovel users are hard to come by.

Strider Axe (Tomahawk)
Yet again, another one of my favorites. It's slow but quicker than the shovel. This one is more commonly used by those who have the rank and shift. Well, it's more used than the shovel. It is a ranged melee weapon and can be put to good use in the hands of a pro.

Left Click: A slightly slow downward strike. (Single)
Right Click A double swing strike. (Double)

If you shift or are a great timer, use this. Takes practice to use, once you learn it's timing and range. You'll kill just about anyone.

spuznick242

Hmm. Thanks this looks good. I kinda need to work on my melee skills but I dont really play too much because I spend nearly all of my free time playing PS3 but when I do make it on I usually am doing elimanation at two towers but if I get a chance I'll try out these tips and see what works best for me.

Soldarius

Ninjato
The most used weapon by the shifting community. It is the quickest of the range weapons in melee. Especially the double swing, with and without shifting. Even the left click is quick for a ranged weapon. It has solid range and attack.

Left Click: A quick downward strike. (Single)
Right Click: A quick double swing. (Double, abused by shifters.)

Can kill someone in 2 hits, rarely will it take 3.

It takes a little if not more practice to get the precise timing on it. Once mastered, it can become your best friend. I hardly use it but I would if I felt like spending 2k ($2) all the time. It is one of the best ranged weapons in melee. Although, you do have to pay NX to get it.

Machete
Another NX weapon. This one I sorta like. I guess I like the slow weapons because they're harder to use. It actually takes precise timing to hit because it's slowness. It's kinda like the ninjato and shovel combined. Long reach, slow swing.

Left Click: A somewhat slow downward strike.
Right Click: A somewhat slow double swing.

This weapon is also another commonly used shifting weapon because of it's double swing. Like the shovel and the strider axe, it takes time and practice to use properly.

M11: Tactical Knife
Ah.. The M11. This weapon is one of the quickest, if not the fastest weapon in melee. Although it's range is like the M9, it just doesn't have a double strike like it's counterpart. But it's speed in strikes makes up for that. A NX weapon.

Left Click: A very quick single strike. (Single)
Right Click: I'd say the quickest thrusting stab. (Single)

I have to say I like this one better than the M9. People can be known to spam the attack on this weapon because of how fast it hits. If you don't want to spam with it, I suggest practicing a lot. Overall, a good weapon. Better than the M9.

Holiday Melee Weapons

Halloween Sickle
This weapon was gifted or bought with NX during Halloween. This is the GP sickle pretty much before it got nerfed. The range seems alittle longer though. It's extremely over powered because of it's sickle speed and ninjato range, if not longer.

Left Click: Same as the regular sickle.
Right Click: Same as the regular sickle.

For those who like quick and somewhat easy kills, use it. That's if you still got it or are able to. People tend to spam this weapon because of it's over powered strikes and range.

Turkey Leg
A Thanksgiving gift or bought through NX. This weapon is remotely like the Kukri/Shovel/Tomahawk/Machete. I didn't say Ninjato because it's not that quick. If anything it's closer to the Kukri. It's just funny to beat people with a genetically enhanced turkey leg.

Left Click: Same as Kukri.
Right Click: Same as Kukri.

I like this weapon, not because I can use it but because it's funny to use. Just to leave a grease stain on someone's face. If you're used to the range weapons, you should have no problem using it. Other than that, you'll need to learn it's swing timing and range.

Coming up next:
Playing Styles.

Soldarius

LOL WUT?

a turkey leg?!?!'1!?!?!1'1?

You read it correct, sir.

A turkey leg.

Engine2009-11-2607-27-41-21.png

Soldarius

Play Styles
Everyone has their own playing style, and some are harder to explain than others. So you'll have to bare with me. I've been meleeing in Combat Arms for quite some time now. The leader of a successful melee clan known as Knife Mafia. I've encountered all sorts of playing styles. Played against some great players and some really horrible ones. I'm #7 with most kills all around in melee, #7 or 8 in accuracy all around, #2 with most kills with the bowie and #1 in accuracy with the bowie. So,I'd like to think I know a good bit of knowledge about the world of melee in Combat Arms.

Spammers
I've had debates with a few people about spamming their attacks. These are people who constantly hit the mouse button or hold it down. One tried to say, "It's not spamming if you hit." I beg to differ, if you constantly swing your attack, of course you're going to hit eventually. Spamming literally takes little to no skill at all. It's a slash and pray technique and you will get lotto'd a lot. Especially headshots or headshotted.

General Spammers: These guys get lucky from time to time but can be easily beaten by just side stepping or jumping back, left, or to the right. If you don't want to jump, just strafe. Majority of the time they will try to run straight at you just flailing their weapon, more than likely an M9 or Sickle. Some will even try to jump spam you or crouch spam you. When they are crouched, don't run straight at them, try to do circles around them. Some will be stupid enough to just sit there and die. You do have some who just stand in one spot and spam their attack as you run toward them.

Shift Spammers: You can look at this two ways. I'll describe them in both.

A. They shift when you're not close. IE: Delay the attack using the shift key and the attack key, if they are using the M9. M9 shifters use the rush technique and spam you if their shift attack misses, then run back and try to shift again. Rinse and repeat. They can get some cheap shots in considering they try to rush, shift and spam you.

The key to beating these guys or any shifter is to be patient and counter what he does. Predict if he's going left or right. Most of the time they go right. You must swing before they get to you considering shifting is a glitched attack. The range can seem so off when shifting or being shifted against. Try to bait them then as you see them getting close, swing like a second before they get to you. You may not think you'll hit them but you will. If you don't, still do the same thing.

B. Excessive shifting, they only shift and nothing else. Simple, eh?

Dodge and Counter
This is the technique I use majority of the time. Most people like to call it "side steppin." They try to say it's no skill and that you should run straight at your opponent and don't sway from the path. Do you honestly think that's a smart strategy? Key to this technique never stand still unless you don't think your opponent can hit you or you're quick enough to dodge left or right by jumping or simply moving. When doing so, swing as you move left, right, or backwards. Same with while jumping.

I dodge at the last moment and try to think as to how close I should be considering on the weapon I may be using at the time. That's why I say, "Learn the range and timing." Countering this type of player is difficult considering it's like I'm facing myself which proves a challenge to me.

More styles to come.

spuznick242

If it was a frozen Turkey leg it would be deadly.
I really think it was kind of corny for Nexon to add a Turkey leg.

There is ALOT of things they added that are corny. Like the coffin backpacks, snowball event (yea it was kinda fun but somewhat corny), and the turkey backpacks/melee weapons. Thats all the stuff just for holidays, there is so much more like the cowboy hats and new merc. I dont know what their designers are thinking at all.

Werbung:

BobPwnsNoobs

I think you shouldn't post the next section as a comment. Just post it all together in the first post , yeah I know there's no edit button , but deal with it.