Should Nintendo Celebrate Nintendo Wii's Sucess With 50% off all VC Titles?

Werbung:

satsoc28

they should do something like this but they will never because they would lose WAY 2 much money considering how many consoles on...
BUT its not like they havent got enuff money to do it!

kennyluciano

Bah, Nintendo already gave us internet channel for free and now you want Wii Points for free...

Remeber Donkey kong country? 60 Quid (120 Dollars) When it came out and here its about 6 pounds so im not complaining....

Adiman423

Nintendo should do 50% off all VC titles. This is because reggie fils aime said that nintendo had pracitcally sold out the nintendo wii. this was from the nintendo press conference at E3. if they have had such a sell-out, then I see no reason against them doing this. If they don't do this, I think they should at least offer the internet channel for free.

Wii

Seriously why do Nintendo take money for games that already has earned their money? This is sick and I think they should be for free and everyone would buy Wii. Else they could make them a little bit cheaper than they already are.

Becky

Wii said:
Seriously why do Nintendo take money for games that already has earned their money? This is sick and I think they should be for free and everyone would buy Wii. Else they could make them a little bit cheaper than they already are.

From what I can see, you're paying for several things here:

1) The technology that enables you to play old games on your Wii. Nintendo did have to write emulation software so these games would play after all. It's exactly the same with GameCube titles, but people feel less annoyed at having to buy GC discs - perhaps it's because they have a physical product in their hands? Maybe it feels more "worth the money"?

2) Licensing/development/copyright of the games. They were programmed by somebody, why should those programmers not get paid for their work? Just because the games are old doesn't mean they have no value or are freeware/abandonware.

3) The service itself. Nintendo has created a special channel and arranged a back catalogue of titles. It might not seem like much, but this still costs them money.

When you think about how cheap these games are as well, it really isn't that bad a deal for a bit of nostalgia. Making them free also won't generate more Wii sales - having access to them is more likely to appeal to existing Wii owners who want a trip down memory lane.

hockeyhero

Becky said:
Wii said:

From what I can see, you're paying for several things here:

1) The technology that enables you to play old games on your Wii. Nintendo did have to write emulation software so these games would play after all. It's exactly the same with GameCube titles, but people feel less annoyed at having to buy GC discs - perhaps it's because they have a physical product in their hands? Maybe it feels more "worth the money"?

2) Licensing/development/copyright of the games. They were programmed by somebody, why should those programmers not get paid for their work? Just because the games are old doesn't mean they have no value or are freeware/abandonware.

3) The service itself. Nintendo has created a special channel and arranged a back catalogue of titles. It might not seem like much, but this still costs them money.

When you think about how cheap these games are as well, it really isn't that bad a deal for a bit of nostalgia. Making them free also won't generate more Wii sales - having access to them is more likely to appeal to existing Wii owners who want a trip down memory lane.

wow...becky all your posts are detailed and well written...you're by far one of the best members.....:friends:

ontopic: as becky made a great point...nintendo had to pay for the Licensing, development, and copyright of the games that they add to the vc....

Werbung:

Tywar

Yeah... I dont believe Nintendo will ever grow the balls to give everyone a discount... Thats the only thing Nintendo cares for, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY! I have proof D: