PLEASE HELP with settings

{Iceman}

Aurora and cas can justify at how bad this was...

So, i finally started tinkering around the settings the misranger suggested. I just couldn't find anything that worked. I did what mis suggested (fps 60, therefore cl_cmdrate 60) and what happened, choke. I dropped it down, choke, i put it up, choke. So, i go it to be about bearable (around 55), and then I started mucking around with cl_updaterate. Set it to 40 and started going up. No matter what I tried, still getting loss.

Why can't I find the balance? Play started getting really bad in the end, players were jumping on screen and lagg started. What's going on???

My screen is set to 1024x768, with high detail and texture. Should I set it to medium at 800x600? I know I have more than enough to handle CZ, hell, i get better readings in source! Does it have something to do with my renderer (Under video in the options menu, it has renderer with 3 options: D3D, OpenGL, and software, right now it is at OpenGL, is that bad, or good?)

My system is athalon 3000+ 1.8Ghz, 6600 GT 128mb and a gig of ram.

Finally, does anyone know what the original settings were so I could set it back to those (what the default is for CZ before i started mucking around with them).

Thanks for your help, hope I get some good info...

Werbung:

Casualty

delete your config file it should reset,

however this may help, cl_updaterate shouldnt be 40+ to start
start with 15-20 if you get any delay( the reading appears next to fps in net_graph 1 and 2 if you have any) then lower it, if you dont have delay then raise it by 5 until you do, i usually tell people to shoot for under 15-20 MS, you dont want 0 because that means your rates arent high enough, but you do want that number as low as possible without being non-existant.

you should be getting 100fps with that setup, so set cmdrate to 72 or 100 or whatever your averaging.

anymore questions?

{Iceman}

I'll try that out Cas, but I probably won't be able to get back to you about it till the weekend b/c of school. Mis suggested running at 800x600. And what about the renderer?

It's weird but i'm only averaging between 58-60 fps. I don't know why it doesn't go higher (i've checked on both netgraph 1 and 3). Does it have to do with the fact that my ping is between 100 and 120?

Also, what about the ex_interp and rate?

Thanks for your help so far

Casualty

leave interp at .1 and rate at 20000

turn it to 800x600 isnt gonna do anything, your comp is more than good enough to run cz, lol

also talk to yoru isp to see if they are having problems.

Werbung:

{Iceman}

Thanks for your help Cas, I got it to work really well, basically, i have no choke (only for like 1 second at the beginning of the round) and i only get loss of between 1-3 when there's a lag jump or a ping spike. So it's all good.