my rants

Do you think that nintendo should have kept the internet channel for free

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adiman423

what's up, Adi here with one of my rants.
as you know, nintendo released the internet channel for
it's nintendo wii to begin with for free. They then
started charging for it for 500 wii points. that means we
have to pay £3.75 for it. and the americans only pay £2.50 for it
When you download it for your PC you can have it for free. I don't understand why nintendo decided to charge people
to use the internet on the wii. This makes me livid. I feel that nintendo
has made a silly mistake. why do nintendo have to make a profit out of something you can get for free.

What do you think? do you aggree with me?

Werbung:

Ryano

Adiman423 said:
what's up, Adi here with one of my rants.
as you know, nintendo released the internet channel for
it's nintendo wii to begin with for free. They then
started charging for it for 500 wii points. that means we
have to pay £3.75 for it. and the americans only pay £2.50 for it
When you download it for your PC you can have it for free. I don't understand why nintendo decided to charge people
to use the internet on the wii. This makes me livid. I feel that nintendo
has made a silly mistake. why do nintendo have to make a profit out of something you can get for free.

What do you think? do you aggree with me?

The reason Nintendo made it free for a limited time was to give people a motive to but it early. Simple as.

Nightowl

Ryano said:
The reason Nintendo made it free for a limited time was to give people a motive to but it early. Simple as.

Yep, I see it as a marketing strategy. People who didn't have Wii/Wi-Fi connector, needed to get it because they would get something free for a limited period.

Free is a magical word when marketing products. You are even insured to get free Wii Points/games if you post here enough. :D

badboykane

I think it should have been kept free, although I got it free anyway I still think it should still be free.
After all Operah is an open source browser.

Tyrant1x

If i think about it im reallly happy they did cause i didnt get my wii online till end of july when it was 500 points so i had to go get a 2000 point card and that made me get paper mario and super mario bros 2 which i wouldnt of got if i didnt have the 1500 points left over since i was never gonna get vc games

Tyrant1x

Well you still have to buy £15 points card even if you dont want any vc games but still £15 isnt much either lol

Ryano

Tyrant1x said:
Well you still have to buy £15 points card even if you dont want any vc games but still £15 isnt much either lol
You can buy a 100 points if you use a credit card.....and 100 points doesn't cost £15...

hockeyhero

Ryano said:
Tyrant1x said:
You can buy a 100 points if you use a credit card.....and 100 points doesn't cost £15...

really theres an option that you can buy 100 wii points in europe?....here you have to at least buy 1000 wii points

Werbung:

kennyluciano

It was a marketing strategy from nintendo.

Customers feel rewards if they get there wii online/ usb connecter thingymajig so giving them a free internet browser is a way of rewarding them and giving them a motive to buy it.

Also Reguarding Opera (not operah thats some stupid TV show).
Nintendo payed them to use the software to implement the Wii, otherwise they would have faced a lawsuit. Opera has been used for mobile phones as well. The PC aspects of opera are OS but not the Handheld/Console aspects of it