Mute Button

tater03

Anyone else get tired of hearing kids get nasty with you while playing? I can see getting upset while playing, because you're into the match, but some of the things I have heard are totally uncalled for. Generally I play with friends, but if I'm not I 9 out of 10 times hit the mute when playing online. I refuse to sit in my living room and listen to some kid (and I mean child) run their mouth.

Werbung:

LeonardK

Yeah, too many people talk trash for no reason except for that they're safe in their living room. These are the kids that 99% of the time won't dare talk back in real life.

saizo6

Ah, the mute button is my friend whenever I'm playing on XBox Live. Listening to people talk trash and other stupid stuff while playing is annoying. My siblings and I make it a policy to mute anyone that has their headset on before the game starts.

Jessi

Ugh. Unless there is something relevant being talked about, then I have no interest in listening to anyone rant and rave. I do get the anonymity of being in your own home and being able to trash talk without consequence, but I hate it nonetheless. I think it makes it even worse when you see all these videos of people trash talking online, both real and parodies, and it somehow normalizes it even more.

Sugarhill

I really don't play that much online as of yet, so I haven't really experienced much of the abuse that I read about. The online play that I did was for Hasbro Family Night and there wasn't much that could be said during Boggle or Battleship. I guess one day, I'll play a few rounds of COD and see what it is really like.

All of the other games that I've wanted to play are said to have better communities overall.

Werbung:

micromachne

The Mute button has become my best friend in recent years with games. The bottom line is that there are just too many loud ranting people on these games today and unless you're playing with friends, it's best to just have the headset mute