Minecraft, your thoughts?

FuzzyMike

I'm going to be completely honest, despite all of the craze about Minecraft recently, I still haven't played too much of the game due to time constraints. I've bought it and from what I've played I've really enjoyed it, but I really need to get a good block fo time to invest into it.

That being said, what do you guys think about the game? Have you played it yet, and if so, what did you think about it and what do you hope to see in upcoming updates of the game and when it hits the beta phase?

Werbung:

Popescu Radu

First of all, this game has the quality/graphics ratio is HIGH, I thought the game was going to be shitty when I first saw it, but it's excellent. Especially on the survival mode, when the goal is basic, to survive xD. You make your own building by using the resources you find around the world, you open up a mine, dig, get stuff, build stuff. In my opinion, it's a game to try by everyone here on the forums.

It's a really good game because it's really good quality gameplay. It even has a spin off - Terraria! Actually, Notch, the creator of the original Minecraft wanted to buy Terraria so even that says something. The game is VERY addictive. If you are weak-willed don't play it or you'll be too addicted to stop... D:

LLuDawg

The game is pretty sweet because you can do so many things. the only problem for me is that I don't have a very good imagination or building skills. Some of my friends do and they have built some pretty sweet things. All I could ever build was the basic house and dig downwards into the ground. I like the concept though.

oninightmare

This game is pretty awesome. There's tons of tutorials on how to make things on youtube and it's easy to learn to do. I just don't seem to have the time to play it much anymore, it's very addictive.

iebo00

I haven't played it, but I've seen enough videos to know I don't like it. Without much of an objective, I would be bored really quickly.

MisaTange

I've played it. It's a very awesome game and very addictive. The graphics are less-than-average, but I suppose it wouldn't be Minecraft without the blocky graphics. However, it gets boring really fast as I don't really know what to build... I explore seeds to keep up my interest.

RedAlert

I haven't tried playing it yet, but my friends run a server. I think I shall be trying it out since it's free to play until the 14th of August if you buy the Indie Humble Bundle. Then I shall see if it's worth it or not.

omarfw

Minecraft is a niche game. It either appeals to you or it doesn't. Many people I know have found themselves loving it after previously assuming it was dumb though.
If you enjoy working on large projects much like we used to do with legos as kids then you will enjoy Minecraft. The same kind of appeal applies. I recently joined the Minecraft Middle-earth server where some players have been working on re-creating Middle-earth in MC and it is freaking amazing. It's these kind of large collaborative projects that make Minecraft appealing to me. The basic survival gameplay is cool but it becomes boring after a while.

CSKiller

This is an awesome game, I have been playing it since June 2011 at the game is just awesome!
If you really want to have fun, go play with some friends in a server.

F

Freeman2430

I really can't wait until my 3 23inch 1080p monitors come and I run minecraft across all the screens.

Werbung: