Make wii internet channel free to download

I guess it's the reverse from a computer. On a computer, you don't need to pay for a browser, but you do to get an internet connection. It's the other way around for Wii

Werbung:

Fosforico

killman360 said:
I am pretty sure the free version was just the Trial Version. Is that what you guys have?

uhmmm i fear this isn't true. If i had a rtial version, this should expire after the definitive versione has come hout. And this isn't happened.
Or, it must havn't some functions which are instead implemented in the definitive version. And my browser is fully working, trust me.
Or i should have received some advice to pass to the definitive version. Again, never happened.

I think it was just a special 6 months offer. Or Nintendo has changed theyr marketing plan after 6 months. Sorry.

I guess it's the reverse from a computer. On a computer, you don't need to pay for a browser, but you do to get an internet connection. It's the other way around for Wii

Yes, but, having windows, i don't pay the connection to microsoft, but to a private ISP.

kaitora

Ice the frosty cat said:
No; you had your chance. It wouldn't be fair on the people who have already paid to download it.

killman360 said:
I am pretty sure the free version was just the Trial Version. Is that what you guys have?

it was the trial version... basically they made it free so that they got testers that would volunteer their own wii's to test it

Becky

Fosforico - think of it this way. If you have a PC and an internet connection, you can also sign up for subscription services like MMORPGs or MP3 download stores. They are add-on services that you can choose to join.

Likewise, the Wii's internet channel is an add-on service. Does it really matter that the money goes to Nintendo? Similiarly, Microsoft offer a gold subscription level for their Xbox Live service.

It's really not that unusual and at least it's only a one-off fee. Once you've bought it, you can do anything you like. :)

Fosforico

From a press release by Opera staff:

"Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system."

Here the full press- release

By the way... 500 wii points it's just 5€...

Ryano

Fosforico said:
From a press release by Opera staff:

"Nintendo is currently offering a free trial of Opera for Wii which is now available for download. The release of the final version of the Opera browser for Wii is currently scheduled for late March 2007. Opera for Wii will remain a free download until June 30, 2007. After June 30, Opera will be available for download from the Wii Shop Channel for 500 Wii points. Users who download Opera before June 30, 2007, can continue to use the browser at no cost for the lifetime of the Wii system."

Here the full press- release

By the way... 500 wii points it's just 5€...

Yeah I know, but SOME people seem to to think thats alot of money...

Werbung: