I've switched off on WiiConnect24

Werbung:

Ryano

Squiddy said:
DJBoddington said:
I've Keep WiiConnect24 On, Whats The Point Of Turning It On If U Just Turn It Off!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand moron language. :/

Usually I would try and translate something like this to people but I really have no clue what he's on about. xD

lordman346

killman360 said:
i still use it. i do like the fact that u can recieve messages and stuff while the system is turned off. Nintendo just needs to find more and better uses for it.
i always have my wiconnect24 on

Kirby

My Wiiconnect24 is actually fairly active! I get probably 2 messages a day (maybe), and I use most of the channels that work better using WiiConnect24. Once Animal Crossing for the Wii comes out, I think (and this is not comfirmed) you can use WiiConnect24 to allow your friends into your town even when the game is off! Of course, you can turn this off if you don't like people snooping around in your town while you arent looking.

Also, WiiConnect24 does not cause overheating. When the console is turned off the hardware inside is barely active, and Nintendo designed the Wii to withstand the heat that the Wii generates when turned on, so really there isn't really harm done. If you really think that WiiConnect can overheat your Wii, then you could get an extra cooling system at any store that holds video game hardware.

Ryano

Kirby said:
My Wiiconnect24 is actually fairly active! I get probably 2 messages a day (maybe), and I use most of the channels that work better using WiiConnect24. Once Animal Crossing for the Wii comes out, I think (and this is not comfirmed) you can use WiiConnect24 to allow your friends into your town even when the game is off! Of course, you can turn this off if you don't like people snooping around in your town while you arent looking.

Also, WiiConnect24 does not cause overheating. When the console is turned off the hardware inside is barely active, and Nintendo designed the Wii to withstand the heat that the Wii generates when turned on, so really there isn't really harm done. If you really think that WiiConnect can overheat your Wii, then you could get an extra cooling system at any store that holds video game hardware.

I'd be lucky to get 2 a week.

Werbung:

Becky

If you keep the WiiConnect24 off, when you next turn your Wii on does it check for updates then install them? Or must you have the Wii connected the exact moment the upgrade becomes available?

I'd suspect the former, in which case it shouldn't be necessary to leave the WiiConnect24 on. So if you're worried about it overheating, just turn it off and apply the updates in your own time.