How to be a good CA player

antiC4MP

Being a good CA player you only need 15 STEPS .. simple.

1. Never just stand there always be active and move.
2. NEVER camp/hide ALWAYS sprint, especially through open areas/in engagements. Keep an eye on your sprint bar, and rest for a second if you're going to engage or run in the open (should be duh).
3. Pick the UMP, it fits.
4. Use your environment for your protection. Watch your opponents gun, too, and actively dodge it. You should always be close enough to see it :D.
5. Don't EVER talk. Unless you're okay with dying.
6. Never reveal your location unless its your tactic.
7. Use the sounds! Don't make your own when possible/listen to theirs.
8. Don't snipe, ever. It's fail. Okay, maybe its good for lol kills...
9. Make sure your mouse sensitivity is uncomfortably high when you start. You get used to it and it becomes a HUGE advantage in turning speed/aiming.
10. Play maps over and over and memorize common patterns/camps of BOTH teams. Once you know every nook and cranny, you'll get called a hacker every game (so, you're on your way to awesome).
11. Work with your team (When they shoot something/die, respond accordingly. Otherwise, just let them distract the other team :D.)
12. Never go down the most expected path to your enemy. Find a way to flank them or come up behind them.
13. Pay attention. Drink boats of coffee or something and go insane before playing. Seriously, you have zone out everything else and act as fast as possible.
14. If you see someone, that does NOT mean start shooting. Look where they are, look where your teammates are, predict his path and approach him from outside of his field of view. Its so easy to kill campers if you simply come up behind/off to the side of them.
15. SHOOT AT HEAD-LEVEL, ALWAYS!

16. RELOAD RELOAD RELOAD. You should reload after every engagement. Be careful if you expect more people. If you're paying attention well enough, you'll know when no other players are expected because you've sent them all back to spawn, and its safe to reload then. If you were silly enough to run out of ammo in a target rich enviroment, find cover or frog like mad until you reload.
TLDR: RELOAD. Should be common sense, but I always kill people who should have reloaded in between engagements. Buy the quick reload thing, its more valuable than an extended clip, if you aim and shoot only when needed and RELOAD.

Never hold the friggin shoot button down and spin in circles. Srsly. You'll reload with your extended clip, and then I'll knife you for lols.

Oh and, before you join a game check through KDRs of the players. Anyone above a 3 or so is probably hacking or has hacked before, so don't join games with such players present and save your own KDR from needless deaths. (Sure, there are some crazy people who can actually maintain a 3 or above overall, but it's more often than not a hacker/glitcher. High exp sometimes=legit though; either way, they're going to kill you more haha).

Fixed :D. This game is so incredibly easy. I usually just play serious until my kdr is around 1.5 (I'm at 1.84 avrg) for the game and then whip out the LAW or a ninjato/pistol and kill camping noobs. Seriously, the LAW is hilarious :D, and in the right hands its far from a noob weapon. It's a camper obliteration cannon.

Camping is so fail. Srsly. It's laughable against anyone with half a brain (though it does appear most CA players lack at least over half of their brain, so I can see how it profits :p).

This has become a lot longer than I expected. Consider this the new CA Bible. Any heretics will be cleansed by righteous followers of this here holy code!!!11111

Werbung:

The Lone Sniper

Other than reload, dont jump around! if you wanna waste their ammo, use YOUR gun, jump, shoot. NEVER jump with a knife... many people DONT get this tactic to stay ALIVE lol

antiC4MP

Other than reload, dont jump around! if you wanna waste their ammo, use YOUR gun, jump, shoot. NEVER jump with a knife... many people DONT get this tactic to stay ALIVE lol

Huh? Don't jump around? I guess I can agree to an extent. Running in zigzags or as haphazardly as you can is always better than just standing there/running straight at someone or just jumping on approach, as it does seem slower than running and you can't change direction as well in the air (or crouching and stopping to shoot, people do that a lot with mixed success. if your opponent isn't expecting it, it might work but it generally results in a headshot sooo). When knifing, I find it better to jump sometimes. Jumping is all situational, and you have to put more effort into aiming well when you choose to do it.

Don't jump if you're engaging, but do jump if you run out of sprint or are simply running to cover to reload or with the flag.

I played a ton since I wrote my revision. First off, wow, everyone is using a UMP now. I seriously think it's a result of that post to an extent haha. So I've been trying an Uzi/Mac10 combo, lets see if everyone likes that :p. Here's why.

For some reason, I get WAY more headshots with the Uzi than any other gun, probably due to it's high rate of fire. It also has decent accuracy at distance, though not as good as the UMP for medium-long ranges. It doesn't shoot so fast that you empty clips all the time either. And the Mac 10.

I'm not sure if I like the mac, it shoots faster with the same clip size and horrible medium range effectiveness. Too much kick, perhaps with a silencer it will work better but I haven't tried it yet. Main reason for having both the Uzi and the Mac10 is so when I empty an uzi clip and still have targets, I can switch weapons rather than reload which is slightly faster. And the firing rate of the Uzi makes it run out of ammo pretty fast, so having another close range pwnage gun ready is nice. I think it's working slightly better than my old UMP/Famas combo, for sure on smaller maps but perhaps not on large ones where a famas or g36 is pretty much necessary for long range kills. I'll also try out Uzi/UMP, which might work fantastically with the same reason as the Uzi/Mac10 but the mid-range effectiveness of a UMP. I really haven't gotten used to the Mac10 and still don't really like it...

Sounds are great, but they honestly sometimes distract me. I'll focus too much on trying to hear footsteps and die. It's easier to be aware of common patterns of opposing players and you can effectively predict their location quite easily and it really requires less effort for me, it's become second nature. If sound is second nature to you, then use it. A happy medium is best, and keep in mind that crouch walking is silent. Also, muzzle flash in this game reveals people around corners and sometimes through walls really well. So watch that. Don't come at them immediately from a direction they'd expect if they have killed their targets, or you'll probably get pwnd in the face. Nade/law/flank. Do not shoot every time you see someone unless you're sure you will kill them! They'll turn around and kill you -_-, or their teammate will do the same. Make a quick check of their situation and shoot when appropriate to avoid needless deaths.

Sniping is ok. It makes you very vulnerable to a faster moving player that approaches around your field of view, though. I love killing snipers, but an SR-20 or whatev is great for situational sniping/countersniping and you can still combat fast movers to an extent, especially if you turn your sensitivity way up while sniping.

I still hate camping. Doing it more than once in the same spot ALWAYS results in your death. It's okay for maybe two kills if you aren't playing against anyone good though. Keep an eye on common camping spots, and with a bit of prefiring (if you know they're there) you can kill the camper before they react. Always better to come at them from an unexpected direction though, like looping around from their spawn area and shooting them in the back. If you do that though, you have to be quick and wary of his teamates spawning and shooting you in the back. Generally it's easy enough to kill them on the way but every so often their entire team will spawn and this strategy backfires horribly. More often than not their entire team is camping and you can get multi kills/fantastics really easily.

And, I still kill people while they're reloading in situations where they should have moderated clip usage or reloaded pre engagement. Reload, but do it smart and don't spray fire. Or die.

Oh and mouse sensitivity again. Turn it wayyyy up.

There, now its a CA Bible-ish. There are probably more points and I'll put them in when I think of them. If something is horribly wrong say so, only we can prevent everyone in CA from being noobs :D. Pre-patch, the law could kill coldseed glitchers with splash damage, but thats no longer relevant.

ChubaKiller

11. Work with your team.

I did this guide, because im tired/bored/hyper :p And im tired of really bad pushers on my team :(

I'd change #11 there to "Work your team". Seems to me there are an awfull lot of lone wolves out there, and that's cool... but they don't like anyone even hinting that they should do anything. If I know someone is camping an area, and I see a teammate headed that way, I'll hang back a little and let the teammate get shot up and take the bad guy out while he's running after my teammate.

Whatever works :D

antiC4MP

Fo sho with the work your team, they're great for revealing noob campers.

Haha, ya those posts are extraordinarily long, I've got like an hour in between classes with nothing better to do on campus usually :p. Anyway, that junk with the Mac10/Uzi combo. It fails, hard. Best to use like a UMP/G36 or a short range gun of your preference combined with a good long/mid range one, like you'd expect.

But, some guy was annihilating a game with just a Famas and a heavy vest, so I tried that out. It owns :D. The famas is fantastic if you regulate your fire to very short bursts or single shots, no matter what range. Strict fire control with it is amazing. It headshots nicely too, easily 20% or more every time.

And, I went on about the light vest being the end all awesome. I actually have found that the heavy vest is pretty good... though I've kind of changed my whole playstyle from close to mid range with the famas. I'm getting called ubercamp now :p, even though its area camp and never sit here and wait junk. I think a heavy vest/speed hat to counter some of the speed loss will be awesome as soon as I rank for it. The armor buff is great, and you can still dodge pretty well.

electroflow

heres a tip. if ur playing OMA in junk flea or sumthing u shoudnt reload unless ur hiding if ur low on bullets run past a gun and pick it up, its way faster then reloading and if ur playing a 16 ppl match theyll be evrywhere

Manageris98

1. Never just stand there always be active and move.
2. Always camp/hide/or sprint don't want your enemy to get you easily
3. Pick the best gun that fits you.
4. Use your environment for your protection.
5. Don't talk after each kill you get.
6. Never reveal your location unless its your tactic.
7. Use the sounds your enemy makes to predict where they are.
8. Try to snipe people in obvious areas where many people usually go.
9. Make sure you switch camping spots/ Never stay in one camp spot for more than 2 mins
10. Study your enemy to find their location.
11. Work with your team.
12. Examine where your teammates died to find your enemies location. Ex. Your teammate died near the building obviously somebody is over there.
13. Pay attention
14. Find a camp spot thats unpredictable. Ex. Underground in snow valley, Junk flea the pipes openings.
15. Show no mercy!

I did this guide, because im tired/bored/hyper :p And im tired of really bad pushers on my team :(

\Most of this is obvious

CCMSgtMendez

join me

signaturecreator.php

Werbung:

retic1

No scoping

Ok so I have played quite a few FPS online games, and have never really gotten no scope shooting down. All my no scope shots are luck, and i will be the 1st to admit it. Someone said something about tape, but I dont see how that would work really. Right now I am fighting hard to maintain a 1.40 kdr, which isnt even that good, and with auto aim nubs it is getting harder. Any more insight on this? cuz that 3 second delay on switching to ur backpack weapon in most cases is death to u.