Help?

Lexy

I have an arcade version of the Xbox 360, but I want to be able to play Xbox games on it. So I found that I need a hardrive. I have found a 20gig on amazon, and the most games I'll ever use it for is probably about 3 or so. So, here is the questions:
1. I found that it's possible that the hard drive may not work on the x360 arcade. Is this true? If so, how can I tell if mine will use it? I got mine in October last year if that helps any.
2. Is 20 gb good enough if I plan to ONLY use it to play a few of them?

Werbung:

Lexy

according to my friend the arcade cant play xbox games as it doesn't have the required hardware.

:stupid: Dude, on the Xbox site itself it states that if you have a hard drive you CAN play Xbox games. I am asking, if I attach a hard drive to the xbox arcade, will it work.

Sousanator

All Xbox 360 hard drives work with every model. So you can put the 120gb that's include in the Elite on an Arcade and it would be fine.

20gb is plenty of space to play arcade games and such, but your going to want at least a 60gb to make use of the NXE's 'install to Hard drive' feature (only for 360 games).

Lexy

All Xbox 360 hard drives work with every model. So you can put the 120gb that's include in the Elite on an Arcade and it would be fine.

20gb is plenty of space to play arcade games and such, but your going to want at least a 60gb to make use of the NXE's 'install to Hard drive' feature (only for 360 games).

Ah, thank you. But, what do you mean by arcade games and NXE's "install to hard drive" thing? I just want it to let me play Conker: Live and Reloaded and Whacked.

Sousanator

Arcade games are the one's you can buy off the Xbox 360 Marketplace. Like Uno, Geometry Wars, Sonic, Castle Crashers ect. It is Microsoft's version of WiiWare and Virtual Console by Nintendo.

The NXE is the new update which is a complete redesign of the old Blades menu. You'll know that you have the new update if you get to make an Avatar (Like a Mii). On this update there is a feature that will let you save your complete 360 disks on your hardrive. This is for faster loading, less noise (since the disk isn't spinning), and reduced pop-in effect. But each Xbox 360 game takes up 5-7GB of space. So if you only have a 20GB hard drive you will only have enough space to store 1 or 2 games.

But if all you want to do play Xbox 1 games then any hard drive, including the 20GB will do just fine.

Werbung: