Help me

Dirty

What is the best deal and better gaming PC... If I were to buy a new graphics card.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Compaq-Presario-Desktop-PC-SR1900NX-/sem/rpsm/oid/154136/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Compaq-Presario-Desktop-PC-SR1930NX-/sem/rpsm/oid/154135/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

OR DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS??

Where I can get a solid PC for a low price... I want to get something and get a good card later...

Werbung:

imported_SuXoR

Obviosly the latter is a little bit better machine. But both machines have a free pci expess slot (just make sure its not the short pci express slot) so you can add a good video card later. Right out of the box it looks like the machines will not be good gamers. I haven't seen the benchmarks on the radeon express 200, but I am guessing that they are slow. For CZ, they should be fine, but for source you should get a better video card.

Why are you looking at compaq? Is it the financing? Don't get me wrong, $400 for a new pc is pretty nice (i spent $350 on my video card alone) but you should be able to find other brands with comparabe pricing. If you get one look for one with at lest 1 gig of ram and a free pci express slot.

Also, does indy know how to build machines? Again, aside from the financing stuff, that would be your best route. I know that newegg has the bill me later thing where you get stuff interest free for 90 days. Just don't go over 90 days or you will get socked for like 21% of the full balance from the transaction date. Let me know what you think.

Dirty

oh snap!

I forgot about that.. Indi was going to sell me his..

HEY INDI!

Ready to sell your stuff now???

thx SuXor

flamer

Hey dirty I have some suggestions

my last 2 computers are bought from Ebay, yeah no kidding and they still work wonderfully. (Both new though) I think ebay offers the lowest price just for the tower if you have a monitor and etc. (My suggestion would be buy an old CRT monitor from school sale or other places, they are cheap and reliable for gaming)

For gaming, the biggest thing is to have at least 1 PCIe x16 slot preferrbly 2 for Cross-Fire or SLI in the future. Also I suggest AMD 64 or Pentium 64 Bit processors because windows visita is a 64 bit OS and pentium 4 and celeron are 32 bit processors. Why would you want Visita? I would only want that bitch for directx 10 of course.

Anyways to sum it up I think you should

Get computer (tower) from ebay (only shipping a lilttle stiff)
Monitor: get an old 19 - 21 inch CRT from somewhere (local school sale, online, etc etc.)
Video Card: Only One PLACE!!! Newegg.com
Memory Upgrade: Newegg.com

That's all you need man

Here's my latest computer purchase listings:

Dell Dimesion 5150 Pentium 4@3.0 GHZ HT (OCed to 3.4 GHZ) (Ebay: $300)
Memory (default 512 MB) Upgraded to 1.5 GB (1 pair of cosair value from newegg.com $70)
80 GB hard drive (I have a 400 GB external so doesn't really matter)
Sapphire Radeon X850XT 256/256 MB 560/600 OC clock speed (newegg.com $169)

My monitors is from old computer so all together about $600 you can get a really good gaming machine.

Dirty

OK!

So Indi got his stuff upgraded and wont sell it now...

How do I know if a motherboard has a PCI 16x slot???

flamer

ask the seller, or if you are buying a brand name computer google it. It will have a lot of reviews floating online and make sure it says at least one available PCIe x16 slot AND NOT PCIe x4 Which is useless.

Dirty

Is this a good deal??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110005090974&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

flamer

dude it's pretty good deal man dirty the graphic card is a little bit shitty but I think it's a good deal what I would do is buy that thing, sell the video card and buy a better one. But for CZ it should be more than enough.

I really like the CPU, it's the equivlent of 3.4 GHZ but it's 64 bit so visita friendly. 250 GB is great man and 1 GB memory is sufficient. Love the dual layer DVD RW so I think it's a good deal.

imported_SuXoR

loooks okay, i'm not a big fan of sis chipsets tho.

remember that you have to buy your own operating system, which leads to this problem:

when building a computer there are in my opinion 3 major tasks:
1) you must select what hardware to put together. this is a fairly easy task now days, as most parts will work together. past experience and brand loyalty are major influences here (disregarding cost). remember you get what you pay for.

2) the parts must be put together inside of a case. again, this is probably the easiest step in the process. as long as you didn't put the square peg in the round hole when you were a kid you should be able to handle this step.

3) you must install the operating system and drivers. this is in my opinion the hardest and most time-consuming step. seasoned system builders usually have a certain order of operations here as well as preferences for drivers (aftermarket, or beta drivers). in most cases the cd'sthat come with your hardware contain outdated drivers and an excess of bloatware that you will never use while it bogs down your new system.

SO-

while that e-bay system looks okay, remember that in addition to buying (or otherwise attaining) an operating system, you have to install it (be sure to have drivers on a floopy disk if there is an aftermarket raid controller), configure it, find drivers install them in proper order, and basically set the machine up yourself. so if you are willing to learn, go for it.

my two cents

Werbung:

MoneyShot

http://cgi.ebay.com/Supercharged-eMachines-Athlon-64-3200-200-Gb-SATA_W0QQitemZ320007317611QQihZ011QQcategoryZ52475QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check this out. buy it now price is pretty good. It can work with an AGP or PCIE card. You can use whatever the best card for the price is. As long as it works it should do you good. The graphics are a little light, but a 150 dollar vid card would cure that. 50 bucks worth of ram and you have a system comprable to mine.