HellinPelican's Ultimate Fireteam guide

Werbung:

BossMaroni

Does it matter which side of the temple balcony/catwalk you collapse? Most commonly, the left side (as you walk in) gets collapsed. But I've been in a bunch of games where someone collapses the right side. I, for one, have NEVER been able to jump up on the right side. "Luckily" some idiot always opens the gates at that point and I just run up the old-fashioned way.

I always urge people to collapse the left side, but they tend to listen about as much as they do when people say, "NO GATES!"

On a side note, does anyone else encounter people who close the Temple doors? As we're taking out the first AI guys inside the temple, sometimes someone will push the doors closed. Frequently with [lagging] players still outside. Is this just moronic or is there some reason for closing those doors?

To my knowledge the left side is preferred, the right side is a pain.
as for the temple doors, the people that close it are being "moronic", it serves no real purpose (that i know off).

BossMaroni

Great guide, btw.

I've directed several people here, specifically to check it out. At least once every day for the last few weeks (on the days I actually play) there was someone in Fire Team who had never played before. A few of them actually listened to what we had to say! ("We" being the so-called experts who've played FT many times before).

To me, the hardest thing about FT is getting people to actually work as a team.

Once people SEE that "NO GATES" is actually the best way to get through the temple, they tend to agree. Unless they just happen to be a dick.

BossMaroni

Tank
As you leave the temple, if you have a SR snipe the people on the Bus, if you don't
your life will be harder. Go down the alley way don't stay open and snipe, pop out from cover and take a shot then get back to cover. When you make to the end of the alley take note of the ledge running under the windows, kill the three enemies at the top of the stairs (ever careful of the nades) and run along the ledge (back toward the street. to get past the windowsills you can move just a bit to the left and get past them. As you round the corner on the ledge watch out for snipers in the opposite building.
of enemies.

Personally, I like this method, but if there's a horde of your teammates on/near the stairs, you can also run up to the tank on the street. This works best if you have someone who can snipe the guys in the building on the left (meaning, left as you look up towards the tank).

You also need to take out the tangos in the room above the tank. And if your teammates haven't taken out the guys coming down the stairs/sniping from the roof, watch out for those snipers. Just last night, I was standing on the bus, finishing off the tank and got sniped.

Oh, shoot il'l add that second bit.
As for rushing the tank (running up the street) personally i don't like it,
but i'll add it.
Thanks for the suggestions.

BossMaroni

In the Temple, you may want to amend the gates issue. It REALLY seems like they've modified this a bit. I never really noticed it before, but last night I saw a guy run past the gate & it activated. He didn't even brush against it, he was much closer to the pillars, but we still got the "This gate is locked" message. Of course, we had already blown the balcony and someone ran right up and got the doors open. So we suddenly had tangos all around us. It was immediately a target-rich environment.

To paraphrase Gunny Highway (Heartbreak Ridge) in a board-friendly way: It was a cluster foul-up. We managed to send them all to Hell, but not in time.

I've noticed that sometimes the gates will just randomly open.
Thank for the suggestion.
once the edit button comes back, i'll add that part to the guide.

BossMaroni

I really wish more people would check out this guide. Or just listen to the people who've finished FT more than once. Several times over the weekend, I was the last man standing at the Temple, Tank and Target stages.

At each stage, people are typing "GOGOGO!" You know who i'm talking about...the people who are already dead because they rushed in. :D

At the tank stage I found a new spot that seems to work well if you're alone. Standing in the bus is my personal favorite spot, but if I'm the lone survivor at that point, I rarely try to get there because I'll take a few hits before getting aboard.

If I'm the one to blow the barricade, I would usually get between the bus and tank. Now, I back up to the wall from that point. So, I'm up against the wall with the bus on my immediate left. You have a little room to sidestep which gives you a good field of fire. You can even sidestop left a little bit, though it causes you to rise up a bit, exposing yourself to more fire. But if you do this, you can get the guys in the right corner. Since I tend to use an AUG, I can get headshots on almost all of them.

Hmm...I'm starting to think that maybe I play Fire Team a little too much..

Werbung:
Im glad, you enjoy it.
I've begun think that perhaps i've been playing it a bit much, at one point I had a 16 day black turban thingy.
I find the best spot to stay if somebody's already blown the "fence" is between the tank and the bus, most of the RPG rounds will blow up before they get to you.
(which is essentially what you said)
Headshots are definitely the way to go.
Once i get my edit button back, i'll edit the guide, i need to add/clarify some parts.