Has your Wii been modded?

badboykane

Updates can not cause it to brick, the Wii firmware updates go to the actual Wii's bios, the chip is on the dvd drives circuit. Chipping is 100% safe from updates.

The only updates which can brick the Wii are the ones found on import games, some games require an update to play, the thing is europe has its latest firmware of 2.2E, US has 2.2U and Japan has 2.2J, if you had a modded Wii and updated a PAL Wii using a NTSC-U game then the game would try and install the U update on your E wii and cause it to brick.
Simple thing is to just boot own region games and then you are 100% safe, or use the update remover software on the iso before burning.

I only have 1 Wii, the other Wii consoles I chipped were for other people, I used to solder for a living for like 5 years up until recently so I am pretty confident with that sort of thing. I have been soldering chips in consoles since I first did my PSX back in the day and have done every console since, except the PS3 which can't be done yet and the 360 which I flashed instead of paying for a chip.

Werbung:

BeatMario

badboykane said:
The only updates which can brick the Wii are the ones found on import games, some games require an update to play, the thing is europe has its latest firmware of 2.2E, US has 2.2U and Japan has 2.2J, if you had a modded Wii and updated a PAL Wii using a NTSC-U game then the game would try and install the U update on your E wii and cause it to brick.
Simple thing is to just boot own region games and then you are 100% safe, or use the update remover software on the iso before burning.

Yeah, I meant that kind of update, like the SPM one, which bricked a lot of Wiis...

badboykane said:
I only have 1 Wii, the other Wii consoles I chipped were for other people, I used to solder for a living for like 5 years up until recently so I am pretty confident with that sort of thing. I have been soldering chips in consoles since I first did my PSX back in the day and have done every console since, except the PS3 which can't be done yet and the 360 which I flashed instead of paying for a chip.

I am in the modding scene, but I'm afraid of doing the modding myself.
So I just put it into the hands of people like you to do it for me :D
Except, I really don't want to mod my Wii, at this moment, since I could ruin it easily.

Are you in the UK?
'cause I don't know many people from here that can mod a console for you.

badboykane

Yeah, I live near Portsmouth

SPM bricked alot of Wii consoles because people didn't read the warnings before playing the game, if they had done so then their Wii would have been safe.

BeatMario

badboykane said:

SPM bricked alot of Wii consoles because people didn't read the warnings before playing the game, if they had done so then their Wii would have been safe.

Yeah, that's what got me scared.
I was about to mod my Wii until I saw a topic in some forum that some guy got his Wii bricked...
I was scared :)

jakeruston

BeatMario said:
badboykane said:

Yeah, that's what got me scared.
I was about to mod my Wii until I saw a topic in some forum that some guy got his Wii bricked...
I was scared :)

Yeah, thats a good point.

I know a few people who got their wii bricked from doing that.

badboykane

There is no risk anyway, if you know what you are doing or get someone who knows what they are doing to fit a mod where is the risk?

Its exactly the same as a 5 year old getting a taxi, they get someone else to drive because they know what they are doing, if the 5 year old decided to drive themselves there is s risk because they have no idea

Werbung:

BeatMario

Jailbreak said:
I wouldnt mod mine, Where do you get them modded? I've never seen shops offering to mod consoles or anything

That's the thing.
You have to ask people online to mod yours, and see if they're in the UK.
Otherwise, you can go on a hunt in the streets trying to find those people.