Hands-on Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

jesta

raymanravingrabbids2_005.jpg

raymanravingrabbids2_018.jpg

"On a platform with way more than its fair share of pick-up-and-play party games, Rayman Raving Rabbids has stood out among the crowd on the Wii thanks to its wacky sense of humor and inventive use of Nintendo’s motion controller. As the best selling third party title on the Wii to date, a sequel was inevitable. Rayman Ravin Rabbids 2 introduces 60 all new mini-games and retains the first game’s unique personality, but doesn’t add much in the way of new gameplay mechanics. From what we’ve played thus far, the overall experience feels almost identical to the original. "

60 new games, good. Identical to the original, bad, very bad!

raymanravingrabbids2_016.jpg

(Could this be a clue to the Wiimote become it's own microphone?)

"Rayman may have returned in name, but he won’t be reprising his role as the playable character. Ubisoft isn’t oblivious to the fact that the little long-eared psychotics were the real stars of Raving Rabbids, so they’re handing over control of the little buggers to the players. Up to four players can now play through the game simultaneously, each taking control of their own customizable rabbid. The create-a-rabbid system is chock full of costumes and accessories to deck out the rabbids, including items that serve as nods to pop culture icons and Nintendo characters. The customization doesn’t end at the rabbids though – players can actually set up their own campaign, picking and choosing the mini-games to include and the amount of time to play among other options.
raymanravingrabbids2_010.jpg

Once the gameplay actually starts, déjà vu sets in. The objectives and activities in the mini-games may be new, but they all play exactly the same as they did in the previous game. In other words – what you see on screen may be different, but what you’re doing with your hands has basically gone unchanged. A lot of furious flailing and shaking in various patterns and directions, now occasionally interrupted by brief periods where moving the controlled will get you punished. Actually being able to compete against other players at the same time instead of waiting to hand off the controller certainly adds an extra helping of energy to the proceedings, but we couldn’t help but think that the developers could have asked us to perform more interesting combinations of gestures. Of the five mini-games we had the chance to play, only two stood out, and only one for the right reasons. "

Man, I've been looking forward to this game, but this write up doesn't make me happy! :(

Although looking at the piccies thing do seem to be different. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Read the rest of the article here

Screenshots and trailer here

raymanravingrabbids2_001.jpg

raymanravingrabbids2_004.jpg
raymanravingrabbids2_006.jpg

Werbung: