Forum "wargames"/RPGs?

Super Six 4

So I know it's possible to do "wargames" and the like, on forums, and I am wondering if

a) we could get a section for this

and/or

b) if you people are interested

Basically, we/the GM (Game Moderator) chooses a time period, war, etc. which could be in the past, or future, and then the GM gets positions for everyone-roles to play-it depends on the game, for what the positions are. There can either be teams of players against players, or all players working together against an enemy. It again depends. Each player, depending on position, tells the GM what they want to do for that turn, however long that might be. Those orders get exacted, but things might happen-for example, in a battle, you might tell your scouts to go somewhere and come right back, but the enemy has a plan too-you might run into them.

As you can tell, a lot of things depend on a lot of things.

If you guys are interested, I could be GM for a game.

Some ideas:

-Alternate Cold War (team vs team or work together)
-Zombie survival (work together)
-Fictional modern war (similar to that of Ace Combat 6 or America's Army 3) (team vs team or possibly work together)

Let me know what you think, and any other ideas you would be interested in.

Werbung:

Super Six 4

Certainly.

If it's team vs team, in other words a team of forum members against another team of forum members (or it could be multi-team even), the team who gets the most VP (Victory Points) wins. Victory Points are given for doing important things that help contribute to that sides' efforts. VP are not deducted, rather given. For example-if it's a WWI naval game, destroying 20,000 tons of the enemy's shipping will give you 1 VP. Destroying one of their battleships gives a good deal more than 1.

If we're working together, then there probably wouldn't be VP-for example, the zombie game. There wouldn't be VP, but as many of you as possible have to get to the escape point.

Also something I forgot to mention-with evaluating your orders, for conflicting things, such as battles and whether someone's going to die or not, dice are used, and certain factors can be factored in, such as experience, speed, etc. So it is somewhat random, but not entirely so, which is how it should be.

Super Six 4

These are some ideas I thought up:

-Alternate Cold War (team vs team or work together)
-Zombie survival (work together)
-Fictional modern war (similar to that of Combat Arms, Ace Combat 6, or America's Army 3) (team vs team or possibly work together)
-Conventional world war 3 (free for all with alliances allowed)
-World War II battles (team vs team)
-Fictional medieval battles (team vs team, most likely)
-Sci-fi adventure/action wargame (work together)

But of course if you have some suggestions, feel free to express them.

rocktrns

Sounds interesting PM me an outline of the whole game (Rules,Points Etc..)and I will make a thread about in in the staff section.​
Before making any new sections I feel that we should get a little bit more active and then if Walter likes the idea we can implement it.​

Super Six 4

Well it all depends too much on the game. Things vary from game to game. Personally I'd like to run the alternate Cold War, fictional modern conflict, or sci fi game. Each one will be different and not follow a completely concrete system.

If I may, I'd suggest you have them read this thread. The first orders of business would be getting players and a scenario to game. Such as the 3 I mentioned above.

I can say that for the alt Cold War wargame we'd need a player for the Brits, US, West Germany, France, probably 2 for the Warsaw Pact including Poland, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Russia, and others, and a general NATO person who controls the other western European countries not mentioned. We can fill in other positions if needed. So that's a total of 7 people, not including me, the GM-I probably won't have a part.

For the fictional modern war, it would involve at least 2 belligerent nations with possible non-belligerent nations. Players could choose sides-perhaps 3 players per side, with one or two players for secondary nations, depending on how many there are. So 6-~8 people would be needed.

Sci fi could be the largest one, player amount wise. I'll have to think on this one.

Werbung:

Super Six 4

Cool, and thanks for hearing me out. I'll start thinking out a resolution and orders format in the meantime. I hope doing a game like this will boost activity-at least give people incentive to come on the forums-because if they don't they might get blown up! :p