Favorite Comic Book or Comic Book Series.

Seawied

So Like Spider man, Hulk, what?

still mainstream really. I don't read those either

Here's an example of one I read. The Sandman (Neil Gaiman's series, not the spider man bad guy). This really marked the development of the graphic novel. I highly recommend this one.

For a freebee try rice boy
http://www.rice-boy.com/see/
its a surrealist comic which is even better if you read it after taking a hit of acid
Dahm's new comic, Order of Tales isn't too shabby either.

If you like the gag-a-day deal www.sinfest.net is the pinnacle. It will never be published in a newspaper though. Deals with mature ideas, like the notion of sexuality in life, philosophy, and religion. Tatsuya Ishida is actually a professional inker for various mainstream comics, but his work with sinfest is really his strongpoint.

Werbung:

BossMaroni

Who reads comic books anymore?

LOTS of people still read comics.

My 2nd job is working part time at the local comic shop. We have more customers now than we've ever had before (we've been open almost 15 years). We have a couple hundred regulars, including a few dozen who EASILY drop $50 a week on comics. Back in the day, before I was married, I spent over $100 almost every week.

Currently I only read a few dozen titles, but some of my favorites are:

The Boys
The Walking Dead (a zombie comic which is the best-written book currently being published)
all the Star Wars titles
Conan the Cimmerian
Ex Machina
Scalped
Punisher Max
Kick-Ass
I could probably go on for a while...

I'd definitely recommend picking up these books, which should all be available in trade paperback (aka collected) form:

Sandman
Preacher <- my favorite comic of all time
Y, The Last Man
Sin City
Watchmen
Civil War
Kingdom Come

Incidentally (for the naysayers) comics are mostly NOT for kids these days. The average comic book (note: NOT manga) reader is a 25-35 year old male.

Cyder

I of course don't read them anymore but have saved ones from when I was a kid.. best of my collection..

1. Iron-MAn.. #1 through 174
2. A #3 Spiderman
3. A #8 Ghost Rider
4. #1-#8 of the Origonal Starwars comic that came out in 77 I think it was.
5. #1-#5 Tales of the Green Lantern Corps.

spuznick242

I'm not into them too much, but my family does have a very large collection, mainly my grandparents do. They collect everything (trust me from stamps to gold to comics and everything in between) and they have quite a bit of comics and when I go over and get bored enough I'll usually get them out and read a few. Mainly their comics that arent made anymore but I dont rember any names exactly, but they are all from the 80's if not earlier.

BossMaroni

the Watchmen graphic novel I really enjoyed.

Truly a classic. The film was great, one of the best book or comic book adaptations ever, but the book was still better.

Have you read anything else by Alan Moore? He's completely whacked out of his mind, but a brilliant writer. He completely removed himself from anything to do with the film version of Watchmen. He's had other stuff turned into film and had it ridiculously butchered. The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is the prime example. The comic series was insanely good (as were the sequels) and the film was a joke. I wanted so badly to love it, but I just couldn't stomach it.

Werbung:

Sajid Ali

Naruto comics are fine but i like other classic type of comics and also super hero comics especially spiderman series i like them all... :)