Favorite Book

E

Elite SEAL

OK I just finished reading To kill a Mocking Bird and it was really good. my class is still on chapter. If you read this book in school the firs part will be boring but the second half of it is awesome.

Thank you so much cause my Honors English class has to read that book this year.

Werbung:

BossMaroni

I love the thrawn trilogy, my favorite out of the three is Dark Force Rising. You guys should try them if you like star wars.

Have you read A.C. Crispin's trilogy about Han Solo? Great stuff. I liked it better than the Thrawn trilogy. (Then again, that might just be because I've met Timothy Zahn and he was a complete jerk).

E

Elite SEAL

Authors I suggest:

John Birmingham: Alt. history series (first book is "Weapons of Choice")

Tom Clancy: fictional Cold War novels and non -fiction books (you can easily find his books)

Kenneth Oppel: fictional Adventure novels involving airships (first book: "Airborn")

For young teens: Anthony Horowitz: action and adventure spy series (first book is "Stormbreaker")

If your younger/interested in medieval history: Kevin Crossley -Holland (first book is "The Seeing Stone")

I suggest John Birmingham only if you are 14 and older because of some extensive explicit content. (don't want little kids' parents busting them for reading a book with cussing and some foreshadowing of sexual actions.

Tom Clancy really more appeals to kids 13/14 -older because of the setting.

I'll second Tom Clancy.

@ topic
Jurassic park, The lost world and Timeline all by Michael Crichton
Amazing books, better than the movies (except maybe Jurassic park...)

Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams (common, someone had to say it)
Crazy awesome funny random book

Ashes series by william W johnstone- post apocalyptic world, follows Ben Rains who becomes the leader of a Army to bring order back to the world.
Short books, graphic but dam addicting and there's like 40 books in the series....
I find there kinda similar book to book, but i still can't stop reading them...

E

Elite SEAL

well my favorite book would have to be "Against All Odds", which is an alternate history book about how a futuristic naval invasion taskforce in 2020 accidentally gets sent back to 1986, and the Russians get new technology and they invade the NATO countries, and it's all out world war III for the most part.

lol, actually I'm doing it for school, and it's not actually a book, a novella, but it's close enough.

Any ideas on how I can get published without costing too much money or money at all -btw what's lulu like? What does it do?

BossMaroni

Any ideas on how I can get published without costing too much money or money at all -btw what's lulu like? What does it do?

I'm eager to read "Against All Odds" when you're done.

I have a couple friends who have self-publushed (one through lulu, I think). I'll get some info and e-mail you.

Werbung:
E

Elite SEAL

I'm eager to read "Against All Odds" when you're done.

I have a couple friends who have self-publushed (one through lulu, I think). I'll get some info and e-mail you.

Spaseeba! I kind of looked on lulu and it looks pretty good, but I don't know anything from people who have actually used it, so thanks.

I'm eager to finish it! Update: 2020 fleet time travelled, got discovered, reported to Navy brass, and they're trying to figure out where other ships are and what to do.