Does anybody know anything about backing Wii VC games onto CD-Roms?

Werbung:

BeatMario

badboykane said:
I do the same with music cd's in my car, I am one who downloads music but I do actually own over 1000 original cd's, the ones I want in my car I copy, the reason why is if my car gets broken into there is only a few quid of cd-r's to nick rather than £100's worth of real cd's, goes the same for the Wii and any console, why risk the kids damaging the discs when you can just let em play a copy and if it breaks does it matter.

...I never would of thought of that y'know...
But why do you download them? Could you not just rip them?
Or do you not have the right CD/DVD Drive?

badboykane

To rip the games you need to have one of 4 certain dvd-roms

LG8161b
LG8162b
LG8163b
LG8164b

And a prog called rawdump to rip the image from the disc.

Its cheaper to download them, no point buying one or renting one to rip if you can just download a game in about half hour.

badboykane

sad said:
thats only for wii games tho....

And Gamecube games, it won't be long until the VC games are hacked so we can share, there are already loads and loads of them uploaded on various sites for download and these are the ones hackers are trying to hack.

Danny

Sadly you can't..
Nintendo is afraid of being stolen out of their cash..
That's why you can't transfer VC games to an SD card or CD rom it says so in the FAQ for Wii Shop Channel :)

badboykane

You can transfer them on to a SD card, you just can't use them on other consoles.
If you transfer them on to your SD you can stick them on a cd for backup through your PC but you cant do nothing with it.

Werbung: