Diablo III on Xbox?

Werbung:
I prefer to play games like that on something more powerful with a lot more options for my controls, so no I at least wouldn't play it on a console. But I'm sure that there are a lot of people who will enjoy playing on their console.

Scoobysteaks

I am going to purchase it on console as I slightly prefer my Xbox, hopefully that article is true. I am not a believer of a console having less controls, if so it would not affect the game in any way, the game will one have the controls you need to use.

I said more options for my controls(being able to change which keys I'm using, aka binding them on different keys). Otherwise I believe games like Diablo are really suited for consoles :)

morbidity

I think this is going to cause nothing but problems for the Diablo community. First of all Diablo 3 was made to work with Battlenet which is for PC and since the game isn't going to be cross-platform they have to remake most of the system. The way I see it is Diablo 3 is going to be held back even longer because they want to make it cross-platform. I've just grown tired of waiting for this game and want it released as soon as possible. I know many people who are console gamers will disagree with this but I'm entitled to my own opinion. Oh there is also the fact that Diablo 3 is a free to play game and you have to pay a monthly fee in order to play in on Xbox, since there is no single-player aspect of Diablo 3 as blizzard announced in their earlier press releases at Blizzcon and on the main website. I don't think highly of this port to console, but Blizzard wants to try new things I suppose.

Jessi

I think this is going to cause nothing but problems for the Diablo community. First of all Diablo 3 was made to work with Battlenet which is for PC and since the game isn't going to be cross-platform they have to remake most of the system.

Oh right, I forgot about the battle.net stuff. I'm not sure how they would make that work considering even with the beta right now, you already have to have a battle tag assigned. Maybe they just wouldn't apply that to the console version at all somehow?

To be honest I hope that this isn't real. As morbidity said this will probably delay the game even more and I don't want that. I have waiting for god knows how many years for this game to come and if they plan to delay it till the very last day of this year or even worser to delay it till next year I will go crazy.

Werbung:

morbidity

Oh right, I forgot about the battle.net stuff. I'm not sure how they would make that work considering even with the beta right now, you already have to have a battle tag assigned. Maybe they just wouldn't apply that to the console version at all somehow?
More problems consist with what I mentioned in the previous post. There is no way Microsoft would wave their monthly subscription for one small RPG called Diablo. If they were to port this to the console it would only mean an extension of the release date and players would have no choice but to pay a monthly subscription just to play it online. I've seen this happen a lot with some of my favorite games. This is actually why I resorted to switching my console of choice to PlayStation since I don't have to pay a monthly fee.

A note to what CrownedClown said, there are a lot of players that have been waiting years for this game to be release. I think we're already past the stage of going crazy. I think I went crazy back when they first announced that they were making a Diablo 3.