Cannon Commanders

Mini-Me

Very nice idea rage. I'll definately do that. Maybe 5 more levels for insane and maybe 2-3 new weapons.

I'll have to think about the spesifics.

Werbung:

Mini-Me

Update is coming along nicely. I need 4 more weapon ideas, then its ready for balance testing. One of the weapons still missing is an ultimate weapon for the alien weapon shop. So an alien substitute for the A-Bomb. Ideas anyone? Please post.

Mini-Me

Big news: The first thing i was said about the map when i released it was "why there isnt single player support?". Answer is simply because this is a team game, and it will continue to be that, BUT, i have now decided to add AI support! Thats right, you can play with computers who shoot the enemies and buy new weapons with the money they get from kills!
I have it set out now in simple form (without the buying of new weapons) and i must say the AI is better than some human players :D hehehe.

I'll recap what to expect in the new version:

-The new alien weapon shop with 10 new weapons
-Difficulty levels, Normal and Insane. In insane enemies will have more hit points, more damage and faster attack speed.
-Extra material for the Insane difficulty, if you pick Insane you will get your hands on extra weapons and extra levels.
-A lot of minor tweaks and fixes to make the game run smoother.
-AI! You may play with smart computer players!

Mini-Me

I've got the AI done. It attacks random targets in its range and sells its weapons and buys new ones from the money it gets from kills (and from selling old weapon).

I put all the 4 comps in to a test. I observed how they did. They made it to level 8. Their downfall was the water attack level, lost 3 generators there. I'll try to make the AI bit better and put them in another test tomorrow. We'll see if they do better :)

Undead_Lives

I've got the AI done. It attacks random targets in its range and sells its weapons and buys new ones from the money it gets from kills (and from selling old weapon).

I put all the 4 comps in to a test. I observed how they did. They made it to level 8. Their downfall was the water attack level, lost 3 generators there. I'll try to make the AI bit better and put them in another test tomorrow. We'll see if they do better :)
That sounds like some retarded mouse experiment...lol.

Mini-Me

But in this experiment no living things were harmed, only wasted some electricity :).

Test day #2. They made it to level 12 this time. The improvements i made really worked. At the water attack level they lost only one or no generators at all. The level 12 seems to be a limit for them. There isnt much i could improve anymore, but level 12 is imo a nice accomplishment for a simple AI.

Mini-Me

Project update: I got the map now in a point where's there one weapon missing, and the extra levels for the insane difficulty. For the extra levels i have decided to go with 3 extra levels, lvl 21 bonus level, lvl 22 normal level with a twist and lvl 23 insane boss (i already have a good idea for the boss).

I expected to get the balance testing started sooner but something came up, so i will begin the balance tests within few days. Carefull estimation is that i'll get the update done by next weekend.

If there's any suggestions please post and they can get into the game.

mcv

can we have a upguard after certain lvls?(or called unlock)
i mean the canon, the electric canon, the generator and maybe the weapon shop

Mini-Me

Umm, well you upgrade your "cannon" by buying a new and better cannon :). Upgrading electric cannon, well, originally i had thought about having that option but i buried it because it didnt sound to me as such a good idea.
The generators are upgraded during the game. First upgrade is after level 6 and second upgrade is after level 13.

mcv

my opinion is that the cannon could have an auto missile system like in BattleShips or some rpg(maybe useless later, but good for some fast moving things, also the frames will be cooler), and the electirc cannon, after certain lvl, u could upguard them(the dmg they make is so low later. u dont need to make new models, maybe just change to a red lightning?)

and the last weapon, compared to the exaggerated effect, its not that useful, id rather use the other weapons

i really love ur work, the easy and funny gameplay, and the short loading time:tup: cant wait to get the new edition

Werbung:

Mini-Me

Thanks for your comment mcv.

Project update: Currently trying to balance the insane difficulty, which has proven to be quite insane :p. Due to that there will be some changes, as i dont want to waste my time doing extra levels that nobody would play, i have decided to make the extra levels for normal difficulty too.
But the trick is that you need a special code to unlock them. This is how it goes: after you beat the game in normal difficulty you will be given a code (it is "save/load" type of code, very simplified with only 5 characters, but enough to keep noobs guessing). At the beginning of the map a player can enter their code to unlock the extra levels. One player unlocks the levels for all, ofc :).
There will be 2 extra levels (not 3 as said before) and actual story with the extra levels. I've got those done, so im back where i started, balancing the insane levels. I'll try to get it balanced this weekend, and if im succesfull the new version will come right after it.