Are you going to continue to be a gamer even though the fees proceed upward?

Do you ever foresee the expense of video gaming is going up with the next era of devices arriving? And if so, just how much do you think they will climb? In my opinion, I believe our games on their own, if they are still mainly disc may go up a minimum of ten dollars. And as charges go up, I become less and less positive on whether or not I will remain a video game player as time passes. There are more significant things than games in life. With the way prices keep going up, they might need to be sacrificed. I am not in serious need of funds. It's just the hobby itself has turned out to be a great burden on the wallet.

Werbung:

Shepherd337

Well I most certainly believe that yes, gaming will continue to go up in price to a point. I also believe that one day it will hit a plateau of sorts when Corporations and such will say to keep the prices in a fixed position. With me starting my own business soon and my love for gaming like no other, I will most likely be buying them all my life. :p

I'm probably just going to end up being a late adapter. I got a Wii and a DS when they first came out, but I've yet to get a 3DS and probably won't even think about a Wii U/720/PS4 for years from now. I've still got PS2 games I want to play after all!

If there is a game I want, then I just buy it. It's not really a valid reason to say there are a lot more important things if life in my opinion, because I can easely save up from going 1-2 times with my friends to parties and disco clubs. For me games bring me pleasure and I consider them a hobby. There are a lot of people who for example like bike riding and buy tires, seats etc for their bike well I consider it useless expense. For each person is different :)

Jessi

People may not buy *as many,* myself included, but I don't think any of us would just stop buying them altogether. If prices got that high, too many people would have to stop buying and companies would have to back off the price increases or fail.

HollisterFitch

I'll always be a gamer no matter the cost of the games. I'll just buy less and spend only on the releases that are on the top of my list of games that I want to buy.

iebo00

No. Prices won't go up. Prices today are in line with what they were when 8-bit games were the norm. When systems first come out, the price is high to take advantage of people who can't wait. But then the price of the hardware comes down to reasonable levels. When inflation is considered, games are the same prices they were 20 years ago.

morbidity

I'm going to agree with iebo on this topic. Games have always been going for $60.00 here in America ever since I was a kid. I even remember the old N64 cartridges going for that price. The only time a game costs anymore than that is with tax or you buy some sort of collector's edition which comes with some small perks. Even if the prices were to rise on games I wouldn't stop gaming simply because it's an important part of my life.

sammy

I'll stop supporting the new hardware and software devs. that much is certain. Probably won't stop playing older games.

Epicfied

"Are you going to continue to be a gamer even though the fees proceed upward?"
That's like asking 'Are you going to continue to drive your car even though gas prices are higher?' and that answer is the same. Of course! Higher prices just means I'll have to work a little harder to earn the games, consoles, and accessories that I want. Nothing wrong with working harder to earn something you want.
I do think that prices are going to end up going up more. They always do. The newest consoles are always more and more expensive and eventually new games are going to average out to be higher than $60. It's just part of the economy and how prices increase over years. It's going to happen regardless.
Some people are going to buy less games, but I really don't any one is going to stop all together. If anything, someone may sit back and enjoy their old games while they're saving up for the new ones.

Ronald Ramos

The trend is as new hardware comes out they are pricier than the ones that came before it. What you're asking is a natural progression of things. We consumers will need to adapt to these increases in price by climbing up the job hierarchy or spending less on other things and transferring it to gaming.

As for me, I have already decided to stop console gaming when the new generation starts. So no, I probably won't be buying anymore games when that time comes.

omarfw

Gaming overall is not actually becoming more expensive. Console gaming is becoming slowly more expensive as companies exploit it as a lucrative platform more and more. PC gaming is cheaper than ever.

Also, gaming used to be much more expensive. There have been $1000 consoles in the past.

Sugarhill

Perhaps, because I don't buy every game that comes out, nor do I speed through them to complete them in less than a week, I am comfortable with the prices of my games. I feel like I get the $60, or slightly less depending on when I bought it, out of my purchases, so the increase of the prices don't really concern me either.

It's not a necessity, so I guess there is no real need to complain about it. Either I continue to play or not.

Werbung:

ACSAPA

I'll quit buying new game systems when they all go digital and there are no more game disks. I'm a collector so I like my limited edition boxes.

But I'll still be a gamer, I'll just be playing older games.