Alternate Cold War Wargame!

Super Six 4

Hello, I brought up the idea of doing a forum wargame or two on here to hopefully keep people active and add something as incentive to go on here. Also I've just been itching to run a wargame. Walter and rocktrns have been discussing it and they seem interested. So I thought I'd bring it up officially, and this thread can get moved to wherever the mods want.

What's a wargame you ask? Tis self explanitory-a simulated game of some militaristic aspect. For example, playing out a certain battle how you want to, or doing a Sci-fi conquest game. There are many possibilities. The one I would like to be the Game Moderator for is an alternate Cold War where the Warsaw Pact invades western Europe. Nukes aren't to be used-MAYBE tactical nuclear warheads, but that is a very very slim chance, and only then if one side is about to be defeated. Just wanted to make that part clear from the get go.

I will post more information on how it will be played out ASAP. it will be confusing at least a little, at first, but I'm sure you mates will figure it out quickly. Here is what I need player wise:

1 player for US
1 player for UK
1 player for France
1 player for West Germany
1 player for East Germany
1 player for Czechoslovakia
1 player for Poland
1 player for USSR

Ideally I'd like a 9th player for Norway/Denmark and 10th man as a second USSR player, who, as it was historically, has a heavy hand in the control of the other Warsaw Pact nations, but 8 players could work.

I know this is a new thing but like I said-you guys should catch on and have fun with this!

Werbung:

Super Six 4

Here is the promised "game manual" I made-it's the same one I showed rocktrns.

Running a game: The Game Moderator (GM) runs the game. Orders are sent to him and are to be evaluated by him. A resolution (using dice and some math) is then posted, and then the turn is over. The next turn would start soon after the resolution is posted.

Orders: Orders are pretty self explanatory. All players who are in command of something more important should send orders into the GM for their unit(s)/nation/etc. each turn-if no orders are turned in, then that player's unit(s)/etc. are idle unless prompted to action by an attack or something of the sort. The GM can specify a certain outline for each player to have their orders be in.

Game types: depending on the actual scenario of the game, there is side vs. side and/or working together against an enemy. Some scenarios could be played out using either, some work better with one.

Scenarios: could be anything from a zombie survival game, to a fictional modern war, to a sci fi game. Whichever it is, the GM and/or players should choose.

Points: These are called Victory Points-VP for short. VP is awarded for doing notable damage to enemies. For example, sinking a large capital ship, winning a decisive battle, or raiding supply lines give VP, whether a lot or a little. The importance/severity of the action dictates how many VP is to be awarded, and also depends on the GM's scale. In one conflict, multiple sides may gain Victory Points.

Winning a game: For side vs. side games, to win, one side must either gain a previously determined VP total, from doing important actions, or destroy the other side. For example, one country taking over the other side would mean that the invaders win. However, if they are stopped after a while, they would win some Victory Points but might not have enough to win the game. Meanwhile, the defenders might get some VP for their actions. For "working together" games, usually a certain geographical location, item to obtain, etc. is the objective. This also depends on the actual scenario being played out.

Turns: Each turn is broken down into a few things. First, the players send in orders to the GM. The Game Mod resolves the orders. This is done using dice and some math. The resolution of the orders is posted by the GM (with some "fog of war" or course). That denotes the end of the current turn, and the next turn would begin pretty much right away. Turns may take a week, two weeks-whatever the GM decides.

I can clarify whatever you need to be clarified, and will do my best to answer any questions you have.