"Against All Odds" an alternate history novel.

E

Elite SEAL

Wow, your idea sounds Kick ass.
If you do post it here, put it in a PDF.
Also for military information: Wikipedia
It may not be the most accurate, but hey its not bad.
It will give you some ideas and such. (that's if you need them)

thank you -I read the summary to my dad and he liked it -and so did my brother and cousin. I'll get it in a PDF somehow -I know one way, but I don't think I can do it (I use a laptop from school last year and it got wiped out once it ended)

Wikipedia -actually there's wikitrust, which its color coded to show how creditable the post is. I don't have any problems with Wikipedia -I haven't in the past -I can see what's right.

I already have tons of ideas -Soviets attack Munich, Finland, submarine warfare, ASW, street fighting, impact of transition on military and civilians, Nike Hercules Missiles, tank warfare, new information intercepted by both NATO countries and USSR---> new advances---> ICBM's?...

Werbung:

Master_7

^ that is all good, but you need to focus on the story and the characters... the person reading the book needs to care about what is happening. The plot and details are important, but its the characters that make the book come to life.

The M1A1 was far superior to any russian tank during the 80s. It was proven to be able to take 2 or more direct hits and keep shooting... Nato hoped that 1 Abrams could take out 3-4 Russian tanks before being disabled. The other reliance was the newly developed HellFire missle and the use of Helicopter gunships and Bradley APCs to deliver it.

The Russains kinda cut all military funding for research by the 80's, had they kept on funding they would have had something to rival the M1A1, same with airplanes. There's all sorts of stories with crazy mig's like Firefox (also a movie with Clint Eastwood).

But yeah, i agree with Master_7, you're are now at character development.

If you want something crazy the Russians where working on, check out these links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ekranoplan_of_1980s.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lun-class_ekranoplan

as for PDF, there are countless websites that will do that.

E

Elite SEAL

^ that is all good, but you need to focus on the story and the characters... the person reading the book needs to care about what is happening. The plot and details are important, but its the characters that make the book come to life.

The M1A1 was far superior to any russian tank during the 80s. It was proven to be able to take 2 or more direct hits and keep shooting... Nato hoped that 1 Abrams could take out 3-4 Russian tanks before being disabled. The other reliance was the newly developed HellFire missle and the use of Helicopter gunships and Bradley APCs to deliver it.

ok, I will, thanks a lot.

So the Abrams was developed in the '80's, right -the best the Soviets could have fielded was the T -72, and I think the T -80 was good too.

The Russains kinda cut all military funding for research by the 80's, had they kept on funding they would have had something to rival the M1A1, same with airplanes. There's all sorts of stories with crazy mig's like Firefox (also a movie with Clint Eastwood).

But yeah, i agree with Master_7, you're are now at character development.

If you want something crazy the Russians where working on, check out these links.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ekranoplan_of_1980s.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lun-class_ekranoplan

as for PDF, there are countless websites that will do that.

I think the Russians developed the SU-27 which still is a great interceptor, along with the more modern SU-37 Super Flanker.

Holy s*it! What is that thing -a flying boat?!

E

Elite SEAL

I would like to thank you all for your gracious help with my novel. It has helped a good amount -I've got guidance, research ideas, etc. I really didn't expect you all to help me as you have, I just expected people asking for a finished result and then they read it and say it was crap or it was good and stuff. Thank you so much again!

I think I will have to check out Red Storm Rising, but I want to read Black Hawk Down soon, and ahh jeez, I'll just get one and read it, then the other, lol.

E

Elite SEAL

GOOD NEWS!! I'VE FINISHED WITH MAIN CHARACTERS!!!

yup, I've finished with characters that are going to be in the story more, or who I think might. There's just some that I'll have to make up along the way to add, but I basically got them.

E

Elite SEAL

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
this is a great site for a decent PDF converter, the catch is the programs are only free for a day.
There's also many websites that do word to PDF conversions, but im sure a copy of the text is uploaded to the site so you may not want to that
Im lookin forward to it!

yup, and Its great that I've started already, too. I think I'll do like a page or so then edit it and correct it then move on, maybe more though.

E

Elite SEAL

well, here's an update:

Started writing -on beginning of page 8. I finished the title page, cause I was bored. Unfortunately even though I put it in a PDF doc, it was still too big for an attachment, so screw that, but I looks cool.

Werbung: