A story I made

james1654

The Beast In The Cellar

It was a hot, sunny day in Cornwall and Jake was sitting on the edge of a low wooden pier with his friends Christie and Bill. “I hope the weather lasts”, bill said. “I doubt it, but either way, lets make the most of it” Christie replied. “Well we can’t swim, the red flag’s up”, Jake continued. The sea was quite rough, waves were splashing their feet as they sat a meter above the sea and stared out into the horizon, with the glow of the setting sun. “It’s starting to get late”. Bill was quite alert, noticing things before others. “We still have a couple of hours”, Jake replied. Jake was quite optimistic, always seeing the better side of things. “That abandoned house – how long has it been there? ”. Christie was very curious and inquisitive but she was the cleverest of the three (probably because she asked a lot of questions). “Donkey’s years, probably”, Bill said. “We’ve never really known much about it”, Jake continued. “I’d like to know what’s in there”, Christie said. “Why not find out? ”, Jake replied. “I hope your not implying what I think you are,” Bill argued. “Well, it’s two against one”, Christie said. Christie was also quite stubborn and could be bossy.
They arrived at the house but the door was boarded up. “Lets go round the back” Jake said. They went round the back and the back door was not boarded up but locked from the inside. Jake took of his shoe. “What are you doing that for?” Christie asked. “You’ll see”. Jake smashed a windowpane on the door. “We shouldn’t be doing this”, bill said, worryingly as Jake reached through the empty square gap where the glass had been and opened the door. He might as well have talked to the door because they didn’t listen and if they did, they wouldn’t care. The door squeaked open as Jake pulled it.
“Ok, lets find out what’s in here, then Christie” Jake said. Bill frowned. “This kitchen looks pretty normal”, Christie said, disappointedly. She had probably been expecting something spooky or very large. “Cool!” Jake shouted from the hallway. He was standing at the top of some stairs leading down to the basement. “We’ll need a torch,” Christie said. “No need to” Ben replied, pressing a light switch. He seemed to be getting less worried and wanted to explore too, now. The basement lit up. There was dozens of boxes and pieces of idle junk. “What do you think we can scavenge?” Jake asked. “There might be something that’s worth a bit down here” bill said excitedly. “Lets find out,” said Christie, already walking down. The others followed up close. There was a loud creak. Then a snap. Then the whole of the stairs shattered beneath them. They fell from about 3 meters up the stairs and luckily, no one was hurt but then they looked back up at the door to the basement.
It was 4 meters above with no way of getting to it. “Lets search anyway” Jake said. “No, we should try to get out” Christie said angrily. But then, another shadow appeared on the floor. They were not alone. They turned round and stared up to see that in the doorway back to the hall, a monstrous beast with flaming horns and huge knife-shaped claws stood there, 2 meters high, growling. The kids froze, and then started to walk backwards, very slowly, through fright. The monster jumped down from the high up door without even feeling anything when he landed. He roared loud. Then Jake ran, followed by the rest and the beast followed them. It caught up with them and decided that Jake’s head would look better without he’s neck. He sliced it of with one of the huge claws and then chased the other two. He caught up with Christie, cut off her limbs then snapped the rest of her in half and twisted off her head. There was a window at the end, Ben picked up a heavy book and threw it at the window, shattering it, and started to climb through but was pulled back and thrown onto the floor. The beast wanted to make the most out of this kill so he started to prepare himself, as if a warm-up for a sport. Bill took he’s chance and ran to the window, leaping through it and landed a low pavement area outside. The monster climbed through, with a bit more difficulty and stared him in the eye. Then it spoke. “If you kill me, your friends will be brought back to life”.
Ben had more confidence now. He walked back, ready to do what was necassary and felt a metal pipe behind him. He pulled it loose from the guttering and held it in is hands, ready to try his hardest to kill it. The beast laughed and made the gesture of running his claw along his throat as to say that Ben would be next. But Ben would not be next, whilst the monster gestured with he’s claw, Bill whacked the piped into the monsters hand, and the claw when right through its neck and out the other side. It fell and disappeared. In its place, Jake and Christie got up from the floor.
“Wow, you did it,” said Jake. Ben was surprised at himself. “No one will believe this, we might as well keep it to ourselves” said Christie. They all looked a little disappointed but agreed. “At least its over and we’re all safe” Jake replied, with a smile. “we should go home, its late now”, Ben reminded. And so they did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kk, who enjoyed my story :D

Werbung:
I think you should have described the beast more -
a monstrous beast with flaming horns and huge knife-shaped claws stood there, 2 meters high, growling[/b]
- what about the body?

Also a common mistake was that you said "he's" (which is supposed to be "his") and when there is dialog the dialog is usally a new paragraph, it makes it easier to read.

I liked the story up until -
He sliced it of with one of the huge claws and then chased the other two. He caught up with Christie, cut off her limbs then snapped the rest of her in half and twisted off her head[/b]
I didn't like that, at all.

Why does the beast tell Ben that if he kills him he gets his friends back? If I were the beast I wouldn't.

Also at the end of the story they act like nothing had happened,
They all looked a little disappointed but agreed. “At least its over and we’re all safe” Jake replied, with a smile. “we should go home, its late now”, Ben reminded. And so they did. [/b]
It seems like that happens every day for them.
"It's ok, you guys got your heads bitten off and stuff, but it doesn't matter!" Ben said.

Besides that the story was O.K.

Kem Rixen

Despite being a Moderator I haven't looked over a story in ages, I suppose I'll start here. I'm going to break it into two parts, first I'll rate your story and sometime in the near future I'll go through and try to fix all the spelling and grammar problems. I'm going to need to make a new rating system I guess...

Spelling/Grammar:
1/2
Sometimes you used proper grammar, but other times it really is lacking. Nothing much to say here.

Storyline: 3/5
It feels like an average storyline, it has some very nice build-up around the monster part which saves it. Though I feel like the story sort of teetered off at the end, unfortunately it reminded me a bit of an old Scooby Doo cartoon.

Fred: "Now lets see who this monster really is."
*Pulls monster mask off*
All: *gasp* "Jenkins the gravedigger!"
Jenkins: "I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids."

Opening: 2/3
The opening, the first sentence is very important to a story, this one was quite nice, it set the setting but didn't over do it.

Overall: 6/10
It has great potential, with some fixing it could become a great story.

james1654

Wel i was only 12 when i wrote it . I spose it was pretty crappy, the only thing im good at is introductions. Im crap at almost everything in life :( . I do like to put lots of gore in it, and i enjoyed overdoing the monster part. I do it as a sort of joke. I'm glad that you guys arn't idiots who didn't realize that the two would resurect if monster died. Many people say "but i thought they where dead?" which gets quite annoying.

"It caught up with them and decided that Jake’s head would look better without he’s neck"

I love adding little jokes like that :D

I made sotry short, becuase Nobody comes on here to read a novel, like that "if and only if" one that fladian wrote. (though, i must mention, it was a very good story)

Fladian

Sorry, but because of reasons - and I saved it for when I had a free hour at school :p - I have yet to read the story.

Funny though. You say you are good in introductions; perhpas you can teach me :p Introductions and the start of a story are my two greatest weaknesses in my stories. =)
As for the "not being idiots" part. Perhaps you are dealing with more mature people here then you could have guessed. Though the example you gaved sounds quite logical.

When I read the joke you mentioned, I'll admit it made my chuckle :p Something I'll probably try to remember as well.

Again, in opposite of you, I write long. I'm unable to write short because I have an eye for details. Those details cannot be fully explored in a short story. Not to mention that I am good in increasing something's length. Unfortunately, I cannot do the opposite.
In all honestly about 'If, and only if', some time ago when I had a few free minutes during class, I decided to reread my own story, If and only if. I guess I couldn't finish it as fast as I had hoped for. By the time class was over, I barely finished the first "post" :p

Remind me that I have yet to comment on this story :p

james1654

Lol, dont you hang out with ur mates at school? Erm, do you just go on wc3anvil.com at lunch hour?

Well, there may be a reason i spose, and that is,
Is everyone in your school all chavs and Nasty people? Or are their interests all diferent to yours?

Luckily for me, my three close mates that I hang around with are nice people, not chavs or nasty people, but not booring, or nerds. And, they also all play wc3, which i love to play. Each of has a skill. Steve makes really good animations on flash mx, i make maps on world editor, conor plays guitar, and brad is . . . Brad is good at being brad. Hmmmm, i have to admit, i never realized that about brad . . .

And then, I have my "second class" mates. They like violence, like me, and i often play violent real life games with them. (such as bottle, which is described in my interests". I have about 10 second class mates, and I dont hang around much with them. I'd sooner have my closer freinds any day.

You seem like a really nice guy Fladian, Its suprising that you dont have loads of mates all asking you to come outside computer room with them and hang around with them.

p.s: At school, when ive finished work in I.T which I am best in class at (i can finish a peice of work 2 times better then anyone else, and in half the time, while talking, and not working hardest), I allways go onto powerpoint, and do little animations of battles, with tanks and airoplanes and soildgers and helecopters all blowing eachother up and stuff, and then I show my three close mates (they are familiar with my computer talent), in my class, who say "nice animation James" and then all the dumbos and stupid chavs see it and are extremely impressed, saying "whoa, that was well good!, how did you make that?" It allways makes me chuckle. Its the same with my skills in advanced Origami.

Oh, and sorry for editing my post, but I just wondered wether you was a girl or a boy or something else? Fladian, cos uve got female avitar. (lol, I couldn't help but add in the "something else" part :p)

Fladian

Lol, dont you hang out with ur mates at school? Erm, do you just go on wc3anvil.com at lunch hour?[/b]
Yes and no. All my friends aren't on this school and because I won't be around at this school for much longer, I have no intention of hanging out with any people. Except for girls, though I don't intend to push myself in a group.

And if I visit Anvil at school, then it is usually when I'm either skipping a class or when a class was canceled and I have a free hour.

Well, there may be a reason i spose, and that is,
Is everyone in your school all chavs and Nasty people? Or are their interests all diferent to yours?[/b]
The second, mostly. I am not that fond on the people I hang out with because of the different interest and the lack of subjects we have to talk about. Usually, it ends up with soccer. Considering that the people I hang out with are all a fan of 'rival' clubs, except me. Strangely enough - well, not that strange - I'm the only one who is for a team that isn't as hostile as most...

Luckily for me, my three close mates that I hang around with are nice people, not chavs or nasty people, but not booring, or nerds. [/b]
The people I hang out with, well, I'm quite fond on them as well. But because of the recent situations - my bad school situation, a friend is searching for a job, the other has no school, job, or anything else at the moment for that matter, and I could go on - we don't got too much contact.
I'm a little "different" compared to them. Though I'd be willing to debate about the fact since many details would be available in it.

You seem like a really nice guy Fladian, [/b]

Its suprising that you dont have loads of mates all asking you to come outside computer room with them and hang around with them.[/b]
They do. But like I explained, because of the recent situations, it's a little quiet among us. It's not just that either, I'm keeping my contacts quite fresh and juicy by MSN and other ways. Not to mention that I'm not the type to go out...

Oh, and sorry for editing my post, but I just wondered wether you was a girl or a boy or something else? Fladian, cos uve got female avitar. (lol, I couldn't help but add in the "something else" part :p)
[/b]
I'm a guy... or at least, last timed I checked. But despite having a female avatar doesn't immediately mean I'm a girl.

Undead_Lives

what i mean by spammer is, you find a topic that's interesting, make a post, and sometimes get off track (although, sometimes might not be a very good word... 99% of the time works better :p)
Your not typing spam, you just type a lot. :p

Fladian

Well, your description is better than the others. =)

But because of my weak memory - unfortunately - I often forget what I am talking about - which really is no joke. In opposite of that, I have a very good improvisation, which automaticly jumps in the moment I forget something. Usually that means in forum posts that I immediately jump to a different subject, making it look like "spam." But then again, unless the subject really has my full focus, (which philosophy usually has or when it is about people I know and care) I often stay ontopic.

As for project threads. Projects are given up from time to time because of the lack of attention in contact. That usually results in threads that become less and less active. You could place a random spammer in the middle of it, though it surely provides the necessary humor, it does not provide the longlivity of the project. I am able to do such though. Putting me in the middle of a thread, I can keep the contacts together for a certain amount of time. Though I won't praise myself into saying that I can keep an entire project alive, because I probably can't, I can however keep it alive for a few more weeks, if not months. That is not because I am "spamming" as people call it, that's because I can keep the contact alive in a humoristic but on-topic way.
That is what I do best.

That I type a lot is often said. Unfortunately, none of you ever met me before my arm got injured.

Undead_Lives

Oh trust me Flad, I've seen some old threads on wc3c. There was this guy who revived all the old story threads... well, enough said.
As for keeping a project alive, I believe that you are doing really great work. I always feel sad when a project dies, but anyone who tries to help it by being a little comical is good in my view :D

Fladian

Oh trust me Flad, I've seen some old threads on wc3c. There was this guy who revived all the old story threads... well, enough said.[/b]
I noticed. I was asked by someone to visit the Wc3c forum from time to time, so I do. I probably won't post, but I promised to take a look, so I'll keep me to the promise.

Oh, and I am quite good in keeping myself updated. Unfortunately, I forget things too fast. :p

As for keeping a project alive, I believe that you are doing really great work. I always feel sad when a project dies, but anyone who tries to help it by being a little comical is good in my view :D
[/b]
Not everyone appreciates it.

Werbung: